Using fastboot mode to flash a Rom? Then you have to connect the phone through pc and use certain tools(SP flash tool, Odin etc) provided by the brand of smartphone. During fastboot mode, your device goes into the process to download firmware only no other option. Having a custom recovery will help you out of this problem. Follow this guide to install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X.
But using recovery mode or custom recovery you have a flashable.zip file of your firmware placed in your external storage (sd card).In these process, you don’t need to connect the device to your pc and have an option like backup of previous Rom, wipe, wipe cache(custom recovery). During flashing if something interrupts, you’ll not face any problem like device bricking.
TWRP is android recovery image with UI from teamwin. TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) the latest recovery brings in a modern interface, adds a few options and customizations. It enables to flash latest OTA updates to the android phone.
- Fix permissions
- ADB Sideload
- Flash latest OTA updates
- Partition SD card
- File Manager
- Install Zip files
- Backup & Restore
- Clear cache/ Dalvik cache
- Factory Reset
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Unlock the bootloader on your device.
How to Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X
- First, you need to unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Backup all your data as unlocking the bootloader will reset the device and all your data will be erased.
- On the windows machine, go to folder C:\adb or wherever you installed the adb drivers.
- Open PowerShell by pressing shift+right click together and select Open command prompt here.
- Run the following command
adb reboot bootloader
- This will boot the phone into bootloader mode.
- Run the following command to unlock the bootloader and also it’ll erase all your data.
fastboot oem unlock <16 digit unlock code- Put your actual code you obtained from Huawei site >
- Phone will restart automatically.
5. Now install TWRP.
- Download the TWRP Recovery image to the ADB/Fastboot folder on your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB.
- Reboot your device to the bootloader/ fastboot mode.
- Open a command prompt on your device and navigate to the folder where you’ve ADB/Fastboot installed (You can open the CMD anywhere if you have system-wide ADB/Fastboot installed).
- In fastboot mode, type the following command on your PC to boot into the downloaded TWRP without actually installing it.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-berlin.img
The device may take some time to boot because it is trying to decrypt your user data. It may also fail and prompt for a password. Just click cancel and continue further.
- It’ll boot TWRP on to your phone.
- Then by following command you can reboot your device.
That’s it! you can now easily flash all the zip files, can back up the data and restore them, root your device, also can do many things with it.