Huawei launched one of the finest stable device Honor 6X in October 2016 and it became a camera-centric phone long the year. The phone is quick & elegant. There is EMUI environment based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to 7.0 (Nougat), RAM consumption is somewhat less than 1 GB on no load. EMUI 5 completely gutted the OS and improved everything from the general design to the notifications panel. EMUI 5 completely gutted the OS and improved everything from the general design to the notifications panel. There are quite a few bloatware apps and games pre-installed – but thankfully, each of these can be deleted, having a Custom ROM installation to your device. A senior XDA member DarkJoker360 developed an AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X. Follow this simple tutorial on how to Install Android 9.0 Pie based AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X.
Have a look at the specs, Honor 6X Powered by HiSilicon Kirin 655 coupled with 3GB RAM for 32GB model & 4GB RAM for the 64GB model. Screen looks vibrant with LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen and resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio. Graphics enabled to the device provided by Mali-T830MP2. Huawei builds gorgeous hardware and their typical design language that includes a brushed aluminum shell, snappy rear fingerprint scanner, curved glass edges, and rock solid construction is present here on the Honor 6X. The AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X. brings a phenomenal change which mainly boasts your OS Customizations.
AOSP Extended ROM
AOSP is the official Android open source repository. The source is the way Google intends it to. It includes both Official and Unofficial builds, depending on the particular device, the stability of the build. It is the lightest ROM on the resources of the devices with high specs which provides stock UI/UX with various customizations features along with the Substratum theme engine. As a customary, you can get rid of bloatware and modify the device endlessly as er your desire. AOSP EXTENDED rolling out to be the predominant ROM with better customizations. Even the well known Custom ROM CyanogenMod is forked from AOSP.
It comes packed with plenty of customization right off the bat. The ROM comes pre-rooted so it saves you a flash of SuperSU. It also packs extra settings in the Settings menu which allows you to customize everything from your status bar, battery settings, lock screen and much more. So now you can flash this massive AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X.
AOSP Extended ROM Features
- Latest Security Patches
- OTA updates
- Expanded Desktop
- VIA Browser
- Heads up Customizations
- Battery Styles and Percentage
- Advanced Ambient Display
- Night Mode QS Tile
- Flip Button Animations
- LockScreen Shortcuts
- Advanced reboot
- Open Source
- Dynamic notification drawer headers
- Update all packages
- Update APNs
- Add OP gestures
- call recording
- Add call statistics
- Per call account selection
- Add and improve LTE toggle tile
- QS tile accent tint toggle
- Fix black, opaque notification shade issue
- APN bearer settings
- Fix lock clock size after rebooting
- Notification sound crash
- Fix few NPEs
- UI/UX improvements
- Performance improvement and bug fixes
- Internal/External storage
- and some minor issues
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
Here’s a quick view on how to install AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X.
How to Install Official AOSP Extended ROM on Huawei Honor 6X
- Download and transfer the AOSP Extended ROM and Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the AOSP Extended ROM file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- Now flash the Gapps Zip same as the ROM file.
- Reboot your device once both the files are flashed.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll be welcomed with the AOSP Extended OS setup screen.