Samsung Galaxy Note 8 has got a new software update today. The update adds the Super Slow-Mo and the AR Emoji features to the phone. These features were exclusive to the Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, and the Galaxy Note 9 so far. Since these features were compatible with the hardware of the Galaxy Note 8 as well, Samsung was kind enough to push this update today. The update has already made it to 4-5 different regions. It is on a slow rollout. If the update hasn’t made it to your region, you will either have to wait or you can flash this update right now to get Super Slow-Mo and AR Emoji on Galaxy Note 8.
When it comes to adding features to the existing smartphones, Samsung is one manufacturer which is not so good. In fact, Samsung takes all the time in this world to even update its flagship device to a new firmware. This new update for the Galaxy Note 8 should not be taken for granted at all. Such things happen only once in a blue moon.
Galaxy Note 8 owners can follow this simple guide to get the two new features on their phone. To get Super Slow-Mo and AR Emoji on Galaxy Note 8, you will have to flash the latest firmware update manually. The latest firmware update XXU5CRHA can be flashed on the Galaxy Note 8 via Odin 3.13.1. Follow this guide to update your Note 8 in order to enjoy the two new features on it.
Note: To flash the firmware, your phone must have the OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging enabled. Backup all of your data as the process can wipe your phone. Use OEM data cable to connect your phone to the computer. This is an official firmware update. It will not damage or harm your device. follow the instructions carefully.
How to get Super Slow-Mo and AR Emoji on Galaxy Note 8
- XXU5CRHA Firmware for N950F/FD – Download [Extract the downloaded file to get AP, CP, BL, CSC and Home_CSC files.]
- Download Odin 3.13.1 and extract to get Odin3.exe file.
- Download and install Samsung Android USB Drivers.
- Open Odin3.exe file on your computer.
- Click on AP tab and select AP file. Load the BL file in BL tab. Add the CP file in CP tab. Add the HOME_CSC file in the CSC tab.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 8 now.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Bixby + Power button to enter Download mode. Press Volume Up to continue.
- Connect the Note 8 to your PC now.
- Odin should show “Added” in the log box. If it shows Added, it means you are all set.
- Click on the “Start” button in Odin.
- Wait for the firmware to be flashed. After a while, your phone will be rebooted automatically. Disconnect the phone now.
Enable AR Emoji on Galaxy Note 8
- On your Note 8, open Camera application.
- In the Camera application, click on “Stickers”.
- Now click on “Create My Emoji”.
- This will take you to the Galaxy App Store to install “AR Emoji Maker”. Install this application.
- Now open the Camera once again and click on “Stickers”.
- Click on “Create My Emoji” now.
- It will turn on your phone’s front camera in order to take a selfie.
- Capture the selfie now and let it process to make an AR Emoji.
- Open Camera application on your Note 8.
- Go to Settings in Camera.
- Find the Super Slow-Mo option.
- Now select whether you want to enable it for Mult-take or Single-take.
- You are all set now.
That’s all. We are done with everything. Enjoy the new features on your Note 8 now. Don’t forget to share your thoughts about this guide with us.