Galaxy A70 owners, here is your guide to install stock firmware on this phone. By following the procedure given here, you can restore your Galaxy A70 back to factory settings. This guide will also help to update, hard-reset or unroot the Galaxy A70. Furthermore, this is the easiest and most comprehensive guide to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70. Before you start, let me give you an overview of the A70.
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A70
- 2 Why install stock firmware on Galaxy A70?
- 3 Methods to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70
- 4 Steps on who to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70 via Smart Switch
- 5 Steps on how to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70 via Odin
- 6 Wrap Up
Samsung Galaxy A70
The Galaxy A70 is a part of the re-branded Galaxy A lineup. In the new A-series, the Galaxy A70 falls in the upper tier. This handset is like a flagship of the Galaxy A lineup. The A70 comes with very impressive hardware coupled with Samsung’s latest software.
Galaxy A70 is equipped with a 6.7-inches Full HD Super-AMOLED screen. This is a 19.5:9 screen with a waterdrop notch. This phone has 3 cameras on the back. The main camera is a 32MP Samsung GD1 sensor. Then it has an 8MP Ultrawide camera, and there is a 5MP depth sensor. On the front, it’s got the same 32MP Samsung GD1 sensor. Galaxy A70 can shoot 4K videos and 1080P @ 60FPS from the rear cameras. From the front camera, it can shoot 1080P videos only.
On the power end, the A70 utilizes Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 675 11nm processor. It’s got the Adreno 612GPU. The RAM of this handset is of 6GB and it’s got 128GB internal storage. A70 has a whopping 4500 mAh battery inside. It has a 25W Super Fast Charger. The charging port uses a USB Type-C. Galaxy A70 has an under-display fingerprint scanner too.
It runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box. Samsung has added its latest One UI over the top. The A70, under a very friendly-budget, is a flagship-like powerhouse.
Now that you know everything about the A70, take a look at the reasons to install stock firmware on it.
Why install stock firmware on Galaxy A70?
- You just want to refresh the firmware of Galaxy A70.
- There is a new software update, but it is not available in your region. You want to install the update manually. This is the guide you need.
- The Galaxy A70 you have has started having performance problems. It hangs and lags. Flash a new firmware to fix it.
- Your Galaxy A70 is having a battery drain problem. New firmware may help.
- You just want to hard-reset the A70 through new software.
- The Galaxy A70 was rooted, you want to unroot it now. This is the tutorial you need.
- A soft-bricked Galaxy A70 can be recovered through emergency software recovery, which basically re-installs the firmware.
Methods to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70
There are two ways to install the software. The first method is for users who do not want to get into anything technical or complex. It is the Samsung Smart Switch method, which is basically Samsung’s PC Suite. With the Smart Switch, you only have to connect the phone and press a few buttons. This method can be used to recover the phone or find an OTA update.
The 2nd method is the Odin method. The Odin method is for experts, but with the help of this guide, any user can completely master it. Odin’s latest version Odin 3.13.1 can be used to install stock firmware on the A70. With Odin, you can reinstall the software, update it, unroot it, re-partition, and day 10s of other things.
Take a look at the Smart Switch method first.
Steps on who to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70 via Smart Switch
Note: This method will work for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- On Galaxy A70, open Play Store and install Smart Switch. Smart Switch Play Store.
- Download and install Smart Switch on your computer. Smart Switch for Windows or Mac.
- Open Smart Switch now.
- Connect Galaxy A70 to the computer. If the phone asks for any permission allow it.
- Now in the Smart Switch, take a complete backup of your phone first of all.
- Click on the “More” button on the top-right corner and then click on “emergency software recovery”.
- Smart Switch will start looking for an update. If it finds and installs an update, it will show the logs.
- If you want to recover the phone from a bricked state, click on “Emergency recovery using the recovery code”.
- Enter the recovery code now to let the Smart Switch re-install the firmware.
- Remember that during this process, Smart Switch will ask you about many permissions and backups. You have to follow the on-screen instructions carefully to finish this.
Disconnect the phone once the installation comes to an end. If this method does not fulfill your requirement, go ahead and follow the Odin method.
Steps on how to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70 via Odin
- This guide is only for the Galaxy A70.
- Back up each and everything from your phone.
- Charge the phone up to 50%.
- Use original data cable to connect the phone to the computer.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > Software information > Tap the build number for 7 times. Developer options will be enabled. Go back to Settings and access the Developer options now.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on the phone from the Developer options.
- Do not use Samsung Smart Switch while using Odin.
- Follow remaining steps carefully.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers – Download
- Odin 3.13.1 – Download and extract
- Galaxy A70 Stock Firmware File – Enter model number and download
- Extract the downloaded firmware files to get AP, CP, BL, CSC, and Home_CSC files.
Note: The CSC file can wipe your phone, it means it will factory reset. The Home_CSC file will not wipe your data. CSC will perform a clean install and Home_CSC will be a dirty installation. While choosing the CSC file below, make sure that you know what file you want to flash.
Guide on how to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A70
- Open Odin 3.13.1.exe on the computer.
- In Odin, go to Options > The only checked options should be F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot.
- Click on the BL tab now, load the BL file.
- Add the AP file to the AP tab.
- In the CP tab, add the CP file.
- In the CSC file, depending on you want clean or dirty install, load the CSC or Home_CSC file.
- Now power down your Galaxy A70.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power button to boot into the Recovery Mode.
- In the Recovery, select “reboot to bootloader”, press Power button to reboot.
- A70 will go into the Download Mode. Connect it to the computer now.
- Odin will detect the phone and show you a Blue light in the ID:COM box, or it will show you “Added” in the logs.
- Click on the “Start” button now. Odin will flash new software in 5 – 7 minutes. After installation, your phone will restart automatically. Disconnect it now.
Here is an image showing the firmware installation process. In the end, it will show “Finished” or “Passed” status.
That’s it with the software re-installation on the new Galaxy A70. If you think that the phone is taking too long to boot up or something else is wrong, you can boot into the recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. Normally, the first boot can easily take up to 10 minutes. If you have any queries or questions regarding the Galaxy A70, feel free to drop them in the comments section. I will try my best to respond to you as soon as possible.
- Samsung Good Lock 2019 Plugins APK (NiceShot, Task Changer, NotiStar & More)
- Download OnePlus 7 Pro Stock Wallpapers and Live Wallpapers (QHD+)
- How to install Samsung Good Lock 2019
Take a look at this video of Galaxy A70 Tips and Tricks