LineageOS 16 is now available for the Galaxy Tab S2 T713. The LineageOS 16 is based on Android Pie. The ROM is built out of AOSP sources. The LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 T713 is found working fine. The build is unofficial and currently in very early stages, however, it is good enough to give you a taste of the latest Android Pie.
By installing LineageOS 16, the users will be able to experience the new features introduced in the Android Pie. This is a good opportunity for the Galaxy Tab S2 owners who are still running their device on the very old Android 7.0 Nougat. The instructions to install Android Pie on Galaxy Tab S2 T713 via LineageOS 16 are given in this guide. Before we jump up to the upgrade method, it’s important to learn a little bit about the Galaxy Tab S2.
Galaxy Tab S2 Flashback
Galaxy Tab S2 T713 is a WiFi only device. There are no gsm capabilities in this tablet. The Galaxy Tab S2 T713 is a device with 8.0-inch Super AMOLED display having a resolution of 2048×1536. This device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 620 CPU with Quad-core 1.8 GHz and Quad-core 1.4 GHz clock speed. The CPU is accompanied by Adreno 510 GPU.
This device comes with RAM of 3 GB and it has a 32 GB internal storage chip. Galaxy Tab S2 also supports external SD cards. At the back, it has an 8 MP camera. On the front, there is a 2.1 MP camera. The Galaxy Tab S2 comes with a 4,000 mAh battery under the hood.
The Galaxy Tab S series was called premium by Samsung. The prices of these devices are way higher as compared to the normal Galaxy Tabs released by Samsung. Galaxy Tab S2 also comes with a bigger screen. The Tab in the discussion is a smaller variant.
Getting back to the topic, proceed with the instructions below to download Galaxy Tab S2 Android 9 Pie. The LineageOS 16 for Galaxy Tab S2 will be installed with the of a custom recovery. In this guide, we will use the TWRP custom recovery. Follow each and every single step carefully.
How to Install Android Pie on Galaxy Tab S2 T713 via LineageOS 16
Preparations to install Galaxy Tab S2 Android Pie
- This ROM is only for Galaxy Tab S2 T713. Do not try this on any other device.
- Backup your important data.
- Backup your contacts, find the full guide here.
- Also, backup important SMS messages, full guide here.
- Don’t forget to backup call logs, full guide here.
- Copy all the media content to your computer.
- Follow this guide carefully.
Downloads required for Galaxy Tab S2 LineageOS 16 Android Pie
- Install TWRP Recovery on Tab S2 T713
- Download Google Gapps for Android Pie
- Download LineageOS 16 Android Pie ROM: lineage-16.0-20180825-UNOFFICIAL-gts28vewifi.zip
- Copy the ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your Tab S2.
Installing Android Pie on Galaxy Tab S2 T713
- Turn off your Tab S2.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button to boot into TWRP recovery.
- First of all, click on Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Data, System, Cache & Dalvik Cache and wipe it.
- In TWRP, click on Install > Install Zip > Locate ROM.zip file and flash it.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps.zip file by going into Install > Install Zip.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache & Dalvik Cache > Swipe screen wipe.
- Reboot into the system now. Your tab will be running on Android Pie.
That’s all with the installation of Android Pie on the Galaxy Tab S2. The ROM can easily take up to 10 minutes on the first boot. If the ROM goes into bootloop or something else goes wrong with the installation process, you may consider flashing the stock firmware on your Tab S2 immediately. Here is how to install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices.