All the Android users are well aware of that fact if you are using an Android device in China, you won’t be able to access the Google Play Store. Moreover, not only Google Play Store is banned, there are other Google apps which starts crashing. Today, we’ll tell you how to Fix Google Search app force close error on Xiaomi devices.
Android Oreo was released back in 2017 and all the other Android OEMs took months to bring the latest Android version to their flagship devices. Xiaomi is among them, they took a lot of time to finally bring the stable ROM based on Android Oreo to their the flagship Mi 6 and Mi Mix 2.
It seems Android Oreo is also not going smoothly on Xiaomi devices too. We have seen many users reporting about Google Framework Service crashes even outside of the region. If they were in China and then they were reporting about such issues then we can understand but outside of China, it’s not fair.
We are providing simple workarounds to Fix Google Search app force close error and also how to Fix Google Framework Service crashes. Let’s get started.
See more: Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro – Tutorial
Fix Google Search app force close error on Xiaomi devices:
The reason behind the Google Search app force close error on Xiaomi devices is Google Framework Service crashes. Heed the instructions below to Install Google Framework Service and Fix Google Framework Service Crashing problem.
Install Google Framework services:
- Since you cannot access Google Play directly on your device, it would be better to go with APK. But first, On your phone, go to Settings > Lock Screen & Security or Security Settings > Unknown Sources > Tap the radio button or checkbox to allow it.
- Download the Oreo-Google Apps Apks-ifelixit.zip directly on your Android device. Now extract Google Apps folder where ever you want.
- Open the folder where you have extracted all the Google Apps APK’s. Tap on the each of the APK files to install them one by one. Once a single app is installed, don’t tap on open instead tap on done and proceed with the other installations.
- Reboot your Xiaomi device, when you are finished with the installations.
See more: Get Portrait Mode on Xiaomi Devices
Updating Google Framework Services:
Once your device Boots up, Open Google Play on your device. You’ll be asked to add your Gmail ID credentials in order to start using the Google Play.
- Tap on the three line menu button located at the top left side of the screen. Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and Tap on About. Look for Play Store version tab, Tap on it to update.
Install Google Partner Setup:
This step is to Fix Google Search app force close error and also to get the Google Assistant functionality. Heed the instructions below.
- Download Google Partner APK from the link given above and copy it to your phone.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Lock Screen & Security or Security Settings > Unknown Sources > Tap the radio button or checkbox to allow it.
- Now using a file manager, locate the APK file and open it.
- Install the APK by following the on-screen instructions.