Samsung Galaxy S8 keeps getting software updates every now and then. When Samsung Galaxy S8 was released earlier this year, it came out running on Android Nougat. Samsung keeps releasing the security patch updates to make sure that the users experience a safe and secure operating system. Samsung is all set to introduce the Android Oreo update for the Galaxy S8 as well. While installing any software update through OTA, the users often experience a Software Update Failed error.
Software Update Failed error is pretty annoying as it doesn’t let you update your phone the easy way. Getting rid of this error is very important since you won’t want to risk your phone for a buggy software. If you are facing this error while installing a major software update like upgrading to a new version of Android, you will not be able to wait before you fix it. The good news is, fixing this error is not difficult at all. You can use various methods to fix Software Update Failed error on your Samsung Galaxy S8. We are going to list a few methods that will solve this issue for you. Let’s move towards the methods to fix Software Update Failed Error on Galaxy S8.
Fix Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed Error by Wiping Cache
Wiping cache of your phone is one solution to a hundred issues. You can wipe the cache partition of your phone to give it a fresh start. This can fix the Software Update Failed issue. This method has worked for a number of users and it also happens to be the most convenient and easiest method to follow. Here’s how to clear the cache of your S8.
- Turn off your Galaxy S8.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button to turn on your phone.
- As your phone turns on and shows something on the display, let the keys go.
- Your phone will now get into the recovery mode.
- From the recovery mode, navigate using Volume Down key to the “Wipe cache partition” and press power key to make a selection.
- Now wipe cache partition and reboot your phone.
- Try updating your phone now. The error should be gone.
Fix Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed Error using Samsung Smart Switch
Samsung Smart Switch is Samsung’s official tool to manage and update your Samsung Galaxy phone. Smart Switch can be used to transfer data between Galaxy phones, it can be used to install the new firmware and it can be used to transfer your data from iPhone to Samsung phones as well. Smart Switch is basically a PC Suite for Galaxy handsets.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on your PC.
- Open Samsung Smart Switch now.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Samsung Smart Switch will take a minute to identify your device. If it asks for any permission on phone, quickly allow it.
- Click on “More” appearing on the top right of the Smart Switch.
- Now click on “Emergency software recovery and initialization”.
- This will take you to the new firmware installation screen.
- Read the instructions carefully now and follow on-screen instructions to proceed. This menu will install new software for you to get rid of that issue.
Fix Galaxy S8 Software Update Failed Error by flashing update manually using Odin
You can use Odin to manually flash a software on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. We have a number of guides published on our site to install software manually through Odin. For Samsung Galaxy S8, you can follow this guide: How to flash factory firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus [Factory reset]
That’s all for now. If you are still facing any such issue, reach us out through the comments section below and we will try to help you at our best. Thank you.