The Zenfone 2 Laser is part of the new lineup of phones from the Zenfone series and boasts of a laser auto-focus camera at a budget price point. UI is lag free but in certain apps, performance takes a hit because of poor ram management and with heavy skin running on top. Lags were there but not visible everywhere. Bit of relief to the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser users as there is custom ROM update (LineageOS). You can now add Android 9.0 Pie updated LineageOS ROM to your device. Here is a simple guide on how to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor coupled with 3GB RAM for 32GB model & 2GB RAM for the 16Gb model. The front features the 5.5-inch HD (720x1280p) IPS display which offers vibrant colors, good brightness levels, and wide viewing angles. The Zenfone 2 Laser sports a removable back panel that features a matte finish and is slightly rounded.
LineageOS 16 ROM for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
LineageOS is one of the most successful user based custom ROM. It is the successor to the now dead CyanogenMod. It is completely clean of any 3rd party apps and features. The LineageOS is based on the Open source code released by Google. AOSP as they say With a clean interface and minimal bloatware and some customizations. If you are a geek or want to add something more to your phone, LineageOS will do the things.
It provides near to stock experience of Android. And… gives you the latest security updates and is the base ROM for many other ROMs like Resurrection and Pixel Experience. It has always been an ideal ROM since its arrival. The LineageOS 16 ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie and comes with almost no bloatware. So, if you decide to install LineageOS 16 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser, follow the below tutorial carefully.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- SELinux is permissive
- No In-call Audio Over VoLTE
Install Android 9.0 Pie Based LineageOS 16 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- This ROM is only for the Xiaomi Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.
- Charge your device at least 50% before flashing the ROM.
- Backup your device to make sure you’ve all the important data if something doesn’t go as per the plan.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
Download the Gapps and LineageOS ROM for Asus Zenfone 2 Laser to your device’s storage.
How to Install LineageOS 16 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- Make sure you have the TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- Also, ensure that you have copied the Gapps and LineageOS 16 ROM files after installing TWRP.
- Power down your smartphone.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Power button for about 5 seconds. Release the Power key when Asus logo appears and continue holding Volume Up button until the recovery mode appears.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- In the TWRP, click on Install » Install Zip » Locate and select the LineageOS ROM file. Swipe screen to flash this file.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps for Android Pie.
- In the end, get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe » Select Cache & Dalvik Cache » Swipe screen to wipe.
- After wiping, reboot your device.
That’s all. Let us know how you like the ROM in the comments section below.