OnePlus 2 is one of the moderate flagship released by OnePlus in November 2015 to be precise. The device yet to receive the Android 7.0 Nougat update which is been the major issue same as os OnePlus X. Oxygen OS is a solid first effort by OnePlus, and for the average user, it will more than get the job done. It is almost pure AOSP with a couple extra tweaks from OnePlus. A Senior XDA Member Shreesha.Murthy successfully ported OnePlus 2 with the latest Pixel Experience Pie ROM based on the new Android 9.0 Pie. Get Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 2.
The OnePlus 2 features a 5.5 inch LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. The display unit covers the screen panel with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The device is powered by MSM8994 Snapdragon 801 coupled with 3GB RAM for 16GB ROM model & 4GB RAM for 64GB ROM model. The device has Adrena 430 graphics unit which is normalized one for uninterrupted gaming time. The camera setup featured with 13MP as primary and 5MP selfie camera.
Pixel Experience ROM
Pixel Experience ROM is an AOSP based ROM. Which means it’s built directly on top of Android 9.0 Pie instead of being built on Lineage OS like most ROMs these days are. It has all the Google Pixel goodies which include Google apps and all Pixel stuff such as the Pixel launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation, etc. The developer mentions their goal is to provide maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device.
Android OS is a thriving mobile platform used on billions of devices, and it is only getting better. The release of Android 9 Pie marks yet another milestone not just for Google, but for the smartphones alike, as it brings up the game with features like Google DeepMind AI integration, new battery management features and more. Android Pie mostly focuses on behind-the-scenes improvements designed to make Android phones work faster while saving battery life. Since the Android 9.0 Pie source code was released there have been many different ports for different devices based on Android Pie.
Alongside Pixel features, Pixel UI ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. There are many features which come exclusively on pixel smartphone. But the porting of Pixel Experience ROM made to enable those features on almost all the devices. Try installing the new Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 2.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Mobile Data
- Fingerprint Reader
- HW Buttons
- Alert Slider and Gestures
- Sound / Vibration
Device Specific additions
- OnePlus Doze
- Offscreen gestures
- OnePlus Slider
- ArnovaGcam with modules
- Search bar force close in setting
- No on-screen navbar/button settings available
- QS tile’s UI did not fit perfectly in left/right (Very very tiny cut, attached screenshot)
- Miss long press home for Google assistant.
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation Litecess.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 2. You can follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
Here’s a quick view on how to install Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 2.
How to Install Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 2
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience Pie ROM on OnePlus 2 with pixel setup screen.