Galaxy S4’s waterproof and dust resistant variants soon came out after its official release named as the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. The device sported some similar specs to its siblings, the original Galaxy S4, and lagged in a few departments, like an 8 MP shooter instead of 13 MP at the back and others. Just in case you own this device and you want to play with this device, you probably will need root access. There are several methods available over the web, but those require you to go through some hard and fast rules.
So, are you looking for an easy method to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active without any hard and fast rules? Well, if you’re doing so, you’ve spotted the right place. While going through the XDA-developers forum, I came across famous developer GeoHot’s latest application named Towelroot that roots many Android devices in just one tap. The applications work well with the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9295 and At&t Galaxy S4 Active I537.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 and At&t Galaxy S4 Active I537.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish a connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Root Galaxy S4 Active in One-Tap:
- Download Towelroot apk.
- Connect your Galaxy S4 Active to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your device.
- Disconnect your device and locate the APK file on it.
- Tap the APK file to begin the installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- Allow Unknown Sources from Settings > Security if required.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Now open the Towelroot application from the app drawer.
- Tap the button “make it ra1n” in the towel root app.
- Now download the SuperSu.zip file.
- Unzip the file and grab Superuser.apk from the common folder in the unzipped folder.
- Now copy this apk to your Galaxy S4 Active, and install it using steps 2 – 8.
- Once installed, update Superuser or SuperSu using Google Play Store.
- Phewwww! That’s all, you can now enjoy your rooted Galaxy S4 Active.
How to install a busy box now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy S4 Active.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access to all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes the removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all. Please consider a donation to the developer for his hard work on this application. Just in case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.