At&t and Verizon have always remained the hardest to root, when it comes to the Samsung devices by these two variants. You always need to unlock the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy device if it’s from one of these variants and many of the users just can’t go beyond the bars on their powerful Samsung Galaxy Android smartphones just because of this restriction put by At&t and Verizon. In the past, a number of devices got rooted, the blootloaders were unlocked, some within hours and some within days, but with the latest devices like Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S5, these restrictions have become harder to break.
If you own an At&t or Verizon Galaxy Note 3 and you’re looking for the easiest method to get the root access, you’re on the right spot at the moment. Famous developer Geohot recently released his application named as TowelRoot that can root a number of Android devices without any requirements, and that too in just one tap. As you move forward, in the following post we will be showing you how you can root your At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3 [SM-N900A and SM-N900V] and that too without voiding the knox warranty on your phone. All you need is, you need to follow this guide being careful.
Here are the early preparations:
- This guide is only for At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the rooting process.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled on your device. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > USB debugging mode > Enable. In case you can’t find the developer options, then go to Settings > About Device > Tap Build Number for 7 Times to enable the developer options.
- Use only on OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and your Phone.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” on your phone. To do so, go to Settings > Security > Unknown Sources > Tick.
How To Root At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Without Voiding Knox:
- Download Towelroot apk.
- Connect your At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your device.
- Disconnect your device and locate the APK file on it.
- Tap the APK file to begin installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- Allow Unknown Sources from Settings > Security if required.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Now open the Towelroot application from the app drawer.
- Tap the button “make it ra1n” in the towelroot app.
- Now download SuperSu.zip file.
- Unzip the file, and grap Superuser.apk from the common folder in the unzipped folder.
- Now copy this apk to your At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3, and install it using steps 2 – 8.
- Once installed, update Superuser or SuperSu using Google Play Store.
- Phewwww! That’s all, you can now enjoy your rooted At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your At&t and Verizon Galaxy Note 3.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all. Please consider a donation to the developer for his hardwork on this application. Just in case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.