In this Tutorial, I’ll show you how To Fix iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone. This is a common error and almost every iOS user has faced it once or twice for sure. You can find a lot of solutions on the web when you search for this term ” iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone “. I have tried almost all the methods, but not all of them are working. After research of two or more hours finally, I found a worth sharing solution for this error. Now let’s start the process.
iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone:
The following method is a bit complex but this is the only method which worked perfectly. All other methods used a third-party softwares that I Won’t recommend.
Fix iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone:
- First, You need to have these on your systems. [ Windows WinSCP ] [ Mac Cyberduck ].
- Once you have installed the given softwares. Use this URL: /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/iTunes/.
- Locate the file named iTunesDB and delete it.
- In next step, navigate to /private/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/Music.
- Delete all the folders in this directory.
- Head back to one level, navigate to /private/var/mobile/Media.
- You’ll be in Ringtones directory delete all the folder here.
That’s it. All you have to is close iTunes and open them again. Connect your device and this time you won’t face the error ” iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone “.
I recommend this method because you won’t be given any information and none of your data will be stored in any third-party software. If still, you want to go with a simple and easy method to fix this issue. Try the following one.
Fix iTunes Can’t Read Contents of the iPhone using TunesCare:
- Download TunesCare from their official website.
- Launch the software and connect your iPhone to your PC/Mac.
- You’ll be presented with two options, Click on Fix iTunes Sync Problems.
- It will take few seconds and all the corrupted files will be deleted.
That’s it. All you have to do is connect your iPhone to iTunes and you won’t be seeing ” iTunes Can’t Read Contents of Phone “.
You might like:
- iOS 11: Download Links & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod
- Sync iPhone or iPad With Outlook 2016 -2017 [ Guide ]
- How to Delete Apps on iPhone 7 – iPhone 7 Plus