OnePlus has come a long way from the underdog OnePlus One to the current commendable flagship OnePlus 6. The Chinese manufacturer has always managed to provide top-notch smartphones at almost half the price of the competitors. One of the most important factors that drew me towards OnePlus devices is that they have a tremendous following among the Android developers. Although it’s been two years since the launch of OnePlus 3/3T devices, OnePlus has recently announced that they will get the official Android P. Also, you also can install a lot of custom ROMs like Lineage OS, Paranoid Android and Ressurection Remix ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
Both the OnePlus 3/3T devices are beasts in terms of hardware even when compared to 2018 smartphones. The OnePlus 3 is powered by Snapdragon 820 while the OnePlus 3T has a little upgrade with the SD 821. Both of them have a massive 6GB RAM with an Adreno 530 GPU for all the graphical processing. OnePlus 3/3T smartphones were loaded with Oxygen OS based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and it currently upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo. OnePlus has made it clear that there won’t be an 8.1 Oreo upgrade as it will skip directly to Android P.
Resurrection Remix 6.1.0 Custom ROM
Popular devices like OnePlus 3/3T always gets the love it deserves from talented Android developers who create wonderful ROMs and mods to keep your devices updated and provide you great many customization options. Resurrection Remix ROM is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android world and it provides a plethora of customization options like status bar controls, pie controls, recents panel customizations, lock screen tweaks, software buttons tweaks and a lot more. You can get all these features by installing Resurrection Remix ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
OnePlus 3/3T has the official Resurrection Remix ROM support, so you’ll get the awesome features of this ROM along with weekly updates and security patches. The ROM is a unified build for both the OnePlus 3/3T devices, so you can grab this ROM if you have either of these devices. The devices get the latest Resurrection Remix 6.1.0 ROM running on Android 8.1.0 Oreo. So, if you’re looking for a good and a stable Oreo ROM, install the Resurrection Remix ROM on OnePlus 3/3T as per the below instructions.
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 3/3T. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Official Resurrection Remix ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download and transfer the Resurrection Remix ROM and Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Resurrection Remix ROM file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- Now flash the Gapps Zip same as the ROM file.
- Reboot your device once both the files are flashed.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll be welcomed with the Resurrection Remix setup screen.