At 6.18 mm, Huawei Ascend P6 is the world’s slimmest smartphone by Huawei Technologies. The smartphone was unveiled by Huawei back in June, 2013. Huawei Ascend P6 became a tough competitor for the flagship devices of manufacturers like HTC, Sony and Samsung as the device paced up the massive specifications at a lower price with a premium and elegant body.
The phone sports a 4.7 inch 720p display with 312 ppi. The device is powered up with Huawei K3V2 Quad-core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz. There is an 8 MP camera at the back, while the front facing camera is ranged at 5 MP, under the hood it has got a massive 2000 mAh battery. Out of the box Huawei Ascend P6 runs on Android 4.2.2.
Huawei Ascend P6 has been caught up by the developers as well and there is a number of mods and custom roms being developed for the device, but to enjoy all the mods, custom roms and custom recoveries you need root access. Not only the these few things, root access also allows you to back up your current rom completely using a custom recovery, you can also play with the clock speed of your device and enhance the battery life, performance by making changes to the internal system using the root access. In the following post, we’ll be having a look on a method to root the Huawei Ascend P6 and also how we can install a custom recovery on the device.
Before we head to the root and custom recovery installation method, here are some pre-requisites you need to have:
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged over at least 60%.
- Use the original data cable for establishing the connection between your PC and Mobile phone.
- Use this method only on Huawei Ascend P6, not on any other device.
- Make sure that you back up all of your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. Although rooting your device does not delete any files, but this is highly recommended as it may become helpful in case of any mishap or data loss.
- Disable any firewalls/antivirus applications if you have installed on your PC.
Things you need to download:
How to Root Huawei Ascend P6:
- Now on your device, tap Settings > About Device, and tap the ”Build Number” for 7 times to enable the Developer Options, skip this if you have already enabled the developer options.
- After the developer options are enabled, open them in settings and enable ”USB debugging mode” [Settings>Developer Options> USB debugging].
- Now open the extracted Root Tool, and connect your phone to the PC.
- Hit next on the root tool, and hit Root Now!
- Phewww! You’ve successfully rooted your device now, the ”Rooted” message will appear in the root tool screen.
Now Here’s how you can install the ClockworkMod recovery.
- Make sure that you’ve already rooted your phone.
- Download this TouchRecoveryInstaller-vX_X.apk. You can download it either on your phone directly or download it on your PC and place it on your phone.
- Install the downloaded apk file on your phone.
- Launch the installed ”Recovery Installer” from the app drawer, or from homescreen shortcuts.
- Select ”Install Recovery”, and grant it the root privileges as soon as it prompts.
- Now select ”Reboot into Recovery” to boot into the CWM recovery mode.
- That’s all. You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod recovery and also rooted your phone as well.
How to keep Root after OTA Updates
The OTA updates rolled out by the manufacturers wipe the root access on your phone. In case you don’t know how you can restore the root access after OTA update, you’ll have to root your phone once again, but there is no need to do it as you can restore it using the OTA Rootkeeper App which is available in the Google Play Store. The app creates backup of your root and simply restores it after any OTA update.
That’s All. Please report us if the guide works perfect for you. In case of any queries or difficulties feel free to write us below. Thanks All.