There was a time when LG was one of the greatest leaders in smartphone market but in last couple of years LG was so casted aside from the Android family that most don’t even bother looking at them. Only stories of LG handsets were seen on Web, most reviews were put on, but many won’t even show interest in LG. Despite that everything that has been in Smartphones today was invented and shown to the world by someone else and took over the world with someone else. Like Dual-Core technology, LG brought the first smartphone with Dual-Core Technology, but Samsung was the one who took over the world with Samsung Galaxy S2 after using the Dual-Core technology.
In this Article, we will tell you How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery on LG G2. But before we begin make sure to Backup all your data placed on your phone’s internal storage, contacts, call logs and messages. This is necessary as if something go wrong during the process, so you will be able to restore it afterwards.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download the Appropriate .img file from below:
- AT&T LG G2 TWRP
- Verizon LG G2 TWRP
- T-Mobile USA LG G2 TWRP
- Sprint LG G2 TWRP
- Bell Canada LG G2 TWRP
- Rogers Canada LG G2 TWRP
- Korean F320K LG G2 TWRP
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This tutorial is only for LG Optimus G2.
How To Root LG Optimus G2:
- Download the ioroot file from above and extract it anywhere on PC.
- Install the LG USB drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging mode, Go to settings > Developers Options > Enable USB debugging mode.
- Once again go to Settings > PC Settings and select the proper method to connect device to PC.
- Now Connect your Phone to PC.
- Go to ioroot folder and run root.bat file.
- Press any key on Keyboard. It will run the rooting script and Super SU will be pushed into your device.
How To Install TWRP On LG Optimus G2:
- Install LG USB Drivers.
- Enable USB debugging mode on PC.
- Make sure that ADB and Fastboot is configured on PC. How? Read Here
- Download Loki-master and extract it on PC.
- Copy and paste the TWRP.img file to ADB folder. (openrecovery-twrp-220.127.116.11-g2xxx.img)
- Connect phone to PC.
- Launch cmd window inside ADB folder, Press and hold Shift Key and Right click anywhere in that folder, then type in the following command (replace the name of recovery image [in Red] with that of the one you have downloaded).
- TWRP will now be installed on your Phone, in case if you won’t see the # prompt after issuing the above command, type su to gain root access.
- To reboot into TWRP recovery, tpye in the following command (change the name of recovery image with your own).
- If you have done everything right, then you should see yourself in TWRP recovery mode
TO get out of recovery, reboot your phone normally. If any problem occurs, feel free to write us.