If you have been playing PUBG Mobile lately, you must have noted a slight lag in the gameplay. At times, the player takes a bit longer to move, it also takes time to use the weapon. The animations also lag in the game. If the game lags, it makes the experience very poor. Such a lag issue in the PUBG Mobile can actually kill your interest in the game. It’s very important to learn how to fix PUBG Mobile Lag issue on Android.
Those of you who do not have an idea about PUBG Mobile, let’s discuss it beforehand. PUBG Mobile is an offshoot of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS. The mobile version is developed by Tencent. PUBG Mobile is a battle royale game. In the game, players are dropped off on an abandoned Island. Players make their way to the Island with the help of a parachute. The moment they hit the ground, their quest for life starts. There are over 100 different players who are dropped off. All of them have to find weapons and resources to stay alive on this Island.
Players can explore the houses. They can drive the vehicles which are parked here and there. In the houses, players will find weapons, clothes, food to eat and much more. Other players are hidden in the bushes, behind the trees and even behind the rocks. It will be really hard to identify the direction from where the bullets are coming in. You have to be really sharp to pinpoint your enemies and take them down. The game offers amazing graphics. PUBG Mobile is running on millions of smartphones at the moment.
PUBG Mobile has a really amazing development team. There are not so many issues reported by the users so far. PUBG Mobile Internet Error is the one that’s reported, but that also isn’t widespread. The lag issue can be fixed without waiting for an official PUBG Mobile update. In this guide, you will learn to fix the PUBG Mobile lag issue on Android. Follow the steps carefully to get rid of lag in your PUBG Mobile.
Fix PUBG Mobile Lag Issue on Android
Clear the Cache of your phone
PUBG Mobile will lag on your phone if its cache is cluttered. You simply need to clear the cache of your phone and restart it to fix a minor lag in your game. Here is how to do so.
- Samsung Galaxy users can turn off their phone and then turn it on by using Volume Up + Home + Power button or Volume Up + Bixby + Power button. Once the phone is in the recovery, using Volume Down to select Wipe cache partition and then use Power button to wipe it. Restart your phone after wiping cache.
- Google Pixel and Nexus users will turn off their phone and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button or Volume Down + Power button to boot into Bootloader. From the bootloader, select Recovery and then wipe the cache.
- Other phone users can try the same button combination or use the ADB and Fastboot command window to boot into the recovery mode.
Clear PUBG Mobile Cache and Data
- On your phone, go to Settings.
- From the settings, open Apps, App Manager or the Application settings.
- Now open the All Apps tab and find PUBG Mobile.
- Clear the PUBG Cache and Storage now. If there is a storage option, then open it and clear Cache and Data.
- Restart your phone now.
- Open the game and check if it’s performing well or not.
Delete PUBG Mobile and Reinstall it
At times, deleting the game and reinstalling it can do wonders. A bad installation will not let you play the game smoothly. You can delete PUBG Mobile from your phone and reinstall it for the sake fixing the lag issue.
Make sure that the animations are not turned off
Android users often turn off the animations to boost the performance of their phone. Make sure that the animations are not disabled on your phone. To check animations, you can go to Settings > Developer options > Check the animations if they are turned off, change their value to 1x for all the three animation types. If the developer options are not enabled on your phone, you can totally skip this step.
Make sure your Mobile and your OS is compatible with the PUBG Mobile
If your phone and your OS is not compatible with the game, you will not be able to run it smoothly. You need to check your device’s compatibility and identify whether it’s fine to go ahead or not. If your phone’s OS is not compatible, you can upgrade it. If your phone is not compatible, you will have to get a new device.