This is the best tutorial you’ll find on the web to Check Traffic to Work or Home using Google Maps. We’ll tell you two methods, One is for smartphones and the other is for PC. Traffic is a common issue where ever you go in the world. It would be a lot better to check traffic before you leave for work or home.
Google Maps is the single largest service to provide you the live traffic reports from your surroundings. Moreover, you can use Google Maps on your Desktop and on your smartphone. Now let’s get started. Start following our step by step guide and you’ll learn how to Check Traffic to Work or Home using Google Maps.
How to Check Traffic to Work or Home: Google Maps:
Let’s start off with the Android method first and after that, we’ll proceed to Desktop PC method. All you have to do is heed the instructions below.
- First, Open Google App on your Device.
- Tap on the menu button located on the lower-right corner.
- You have to find the “Commute” section and then View all settings.
- Look for the Home icon, Tap on it and type the address to your home. Tap OK.
- Now you have to type the Address of your Work Place. Look for Briefcase icon. Tap on it.
- Add your Work Place Address here, as you did add your home address.
- Head back to the app drawer, Tap on Google Maps to launch it.
- Now search for Home or Work.
- Tap on the navigation arrow, it will take you to the navigation mode.
- Add your starting point it can be your home or work address.
- On your upper-right corner of the screen. You’ll see the menu icon -> Traffic.
- It will take a few seconds to gather the traffic report. You will see 3 different lines which will indicate the traffic level on them.
Windows, Desktop, Mac, PC:
- Open your browser, click on this link Google Maps.
- Click in the search box.
- ( If you haven’t set your home or work location then you have to add it before you proceed). In the Search Google Maps field, type Work or home.
- Click on the menu and select Traffic. You’ll get the live traffic report for your router.
That’s all. This is how you can Check Traffic to Work or Home using Google App and Google Maps.