OnePlus came up with stable flagships after a snag about OnePlus 2 devices due to their inferior processor support. The successive devices just after OnePlus 2 are OnePlus 3/3T. They have great build quality, Excellent performance& Improved battery life. OnePlus 3/3T have a wonderful near-stock Android experience and remained as phenomenal devices. OnePlus has recently announced that they will get the official Android P. You can install many custom ROMs on OnePlus 3/3T, as Custom development for OnePlus devices has always been quick. Down here we have detailed about one of them. Get Nitrogen OS Beta ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
The OnePlus 3 is powered by Snapdragon 820 while the OnePlus 3T has a little upgrade with the SD 821. Their Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution make the device more vibrant. Both of them have a massive 6GB RAM with an Adreno 530 GPU for all the graphical processing. Moreover, they were loaded with Oxygen OS which is a quite peculiar one and currently upgradeable to Android 8.0 Oreo. Meanwhile, they got a custom ROM upgrade “Nitrogen OS Beta ROM on OnePlus 3/3T”.
Nitrogen OS Beta Custom ROM
The ROM includes some better customization options, actually way too many of them. It gives smooth experience and better battery backup than any other ROMs. Also, it brings stability and basic level customizations, such as the status bar, hardware buttons, gestures etc. One of the great features of Nitrogen ROM is performance and battery backup but as the ROM is progressing, the battery performance would be decreased the day long. It tries to bring out more out of your android device which includes too many features and a better RAM management.
- Status Bar
- Network traffic
- Bluetooth device battery level in status bar
- Adjust the brightness by sliding across the status bar
- Input method selector notification
- Quick Settings
- Number of rows and columns
- Quick pulldown
- No QS on secured lock screen
- Brightness slider
- Smart pulldown
- Show/hide adaptive brightness icon in QS
- LTE enable/disable tile
- Hiding tile’s caption
- For devices with hardware buttons
- Enable/disable buttons
- Adjust brightness
- Keys brightness timeout
- Reassignment hardware buttons action
- Volume rocker wake
- Playback control by volume keys
- Allow volume keys to enable/disable “Do Not Disturb” mode.
- Navigation Bar
- 3 type navigation bar mode: Smartbar (as usual in android) and Fling (navbar from “Dirty Unicorns” rom), AOSP Navbar
- Pulse settings in Fling navbar
- Navbar height control in portrait and landscape orientations
- Context buttons layout position
- Context buttons transparency
- Button touch animation
- Cursor arrows in navbar while typing
- Force show/hide navbar on the bottom side when the device is rotated
- Open camera by double tap the power button
- Double tap on lock screen to put the device to sleep
- Double tap status bar to put the device to sleep
- Lock Screen
- Lock screen shortcuts
- Show/hide weather on lock screen
- Long-press power button with lock screen turn on the torch
- Power Menu
- Customizing the power menu
- Enable/disable the power menu on the secure lock screen
- Recent apps
- Exclude apps from the recent panel
- Select recent view
- Clear all button positions
- Screenshot type – fullscreen screenshots or selected area as a screenshots
- Enable MTP instead of charging after connecting to PC
- Wakelock blocker
- Alarm blocker
- App Ops
- Wake up the device if the charger is plugged/unplugged
- Allow signature spoofing (microG)
- Quick unlock
- Enable/disable dashboard suggestions, conditions
Here’s a quick view on how to install Nitrogen OS Beta ROM on OnePlus 3/3T.
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 3/3T. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Nitrogen OS Beta ROM on OnePlus 3/3T
- Download and transfer the Nitrogen OS Beta ROM 8.1.x and Gapps to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Nitrogen OS Beta ROM file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- Now flash the Gapps Zip same as the ROM file.
- Reboot your device once both the files are flashed.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll be welcomed with the Nitrogen OS setup screen.