Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus were updated to Android 8.0 Oreo back in the month of February. Since then, we have seen a lot of goodies coming for these devices while they run on Android Oreo. A method to install TWRP and root the S8 or S8 Plus on Oreo was put up earlier. After that, all eyes were on the Xposed Framework for the Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus running Android Oreo. In this guide, I have listed the steps to install the Xposed Framework on Galaxy S8/S8+ running Android Oreo.
If you don’t already know about the Xposed Framework, then let me tell you a little bit about it. There are multiple ways to customize your Android phone. You can install a custom ROM to replace your stock system with a new system that has a lot of options. Users can flash MODs to install new features on your phone. You can install root specific apps as well to customize your phone.
All this stuff was good enough until the release of the Xposed Framework. Xposed brings an all in one modification hub for the users. Gone are the days when you had to flash a custom ROM. You do not need to replace your system anymore. You can modify your stock ROM with the help of Xposed now.
The Xposed Modules repository consists of hundreds of thousands of MODs. There are some really popular MODs like the Gravity Box that can completely change the working and functionality of your system. You can run YouTube in the background. There is an ad blocker to get rid of all those annoying advertisements. Greenify is there to boost the battery life of your device. Amplify can enhance the sound equalizer of your phone. And the list of Xposed Modules goes on. To sum it up, we can say that Xposed is the only thing you need after installing a TWRP recovery on your phone.
Xposed’s development was going on smooth until the Android 7.1 Nougat came out. Google improved the security on the Android Nougat. It took pretty long for the developer to crack Android Nougat. When the Xposed Framework finally made it to the Android Nougat, it opened new doors of possibilities. It did not take long for Xposed to come out for Android Oreo. Xposed for Android Oreo has already entered its beta stage. It means you can now install it on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus easily.
How to install Xposed Framework
Have a look at the following steps to install Xposed Framework on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus that is running on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Download and install TWRP custom recovery on your phone.
- Download the Xposed Framework for your phone and copy it to your phone.: xposed-v90-sdk27-arm64-beta3.zip
- Now turn off your Galaxy S8.
- Turn on your phone by pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby + Power button.
- As soon as your phone goes into the TWRP recovery mode, tap the Install button.
- Now tap on Install Zip > Find the xposed-v90-sdk27-arm64-beta3.zip file and flash it.
- Once flashed, reboot your phone.
- The first reboot will take several minutes. Keep patience while your phone is preparing itself.
- Once booted up, download the Xposed Installer APK and install it on your phone.
- Open Xposed Installer now and start installing the Xposed Modules now. That’s all.
In order to uninstall the Xposed Framework, you can simply download the Xposed uninstaller and flash it just like you flashed the installer in the TWRP recovery.
Here’s a list of working Xposed Modules for Galaxy S8 Android Oreo
1. Status bar download progress
3. Buttered Toast
5. Flat style bar indicators (bug free)
7. Soundcloud downloader
9. Gravity box (O)
12. SNAPTOOLS beta *LATEST * LITTLE BUGGY*
13. No device check
14. Burnt Toast Revived
15. Adblocker reborn
16. Soundcloud adaway
19. No device check
20. X screen stabilizer
That’s all. If you have any queries, feel free to ask me in the comments section below.