LineageOS 16 is now available for our beloved Galaxy S7. This means the Galaxy S7 owners can get a hang of Android Pie on their phone. Luckily, the available LineageOS has entered its beta stage which means it has got most of its features working fine. Users who already have an experience of custom ROMs can even use this ROM as a daily driver. In this post, I will show you the procedure to install Android Pie on Galaxy S7 via LineageOS 16.
Galaxy S7 Flashback
Before we flash LineageOS 16 Android Pie on the Galaxy S7, let us learn a little bit about the phone. Samsung Galaxy S7 is the South Korean giant’s flagship from the year 2016. The Galaxy S7 follows in the footsteps of the Galaxy S6. With the S7, Samsung released the S7 Edge which was the more popular variant. The S7 was still picked up by millions of Samsung users because of a more suitable price tag. Galaxy S7 has a 5.1-inch flat display having a QHD resolution. Galaxy S7 is powered by Exynos 8890 SoC. Inside the phone, there is a RAM of 4GB and the internal storage is 32/64GB. Galaxy S7 has a 12MP camera at its back. On the front, it has a 5MP selfie shooter. The battery of Galaxy S7 is only 3,000 mAh. It ran on Android Marshmallow out of the box. Currently, this phone is running on Android Oreo.
LineageOS 16 for Galaxy S7
If you don’t know much about the LineageOS 16, let me give you an idea about it first. LineageOS is the most popular custom ROM available for hundreds of phones. The LineageOS 16 is based on AOSP sources. It carries the Android version 9 which is the Android Pie. LineageOS is supported by a number of developers.
The LineageOS 16 is quite stable for the Galaxy S7. The features like WiFi, Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot, Calls, Messages, and Mobile Data are working fine. Camera and Camcorder are partially working.
Those of you who are going to download Android Pie on Galaxy S7 via LineageOS 16, they must keep in mind that it is a custom ROM it can contain bugs. No matter how stable a custom ROM is, it can cause an unlikely situation at any time. You must take complete responsibility to install this ROM. I suggest the newbies pay extra attention to the installation steps to avoid a mishap.
Download Galaxy S7 Android Pie via LineageOS 16
- This ROM is only for Exynos Galaxy S7.
- Backup each and everything on your phone.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid a mishap.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on the S7.
- Connect the phone to the computer using OEM Data Cable when needed.
- Follow the remaining steps carefully.
- TWRP Custom Recovery for Galaxy S7
- Make a Nandroid backup after flashing TWRP.
- Google Gapps for Android Pie
- Copy Magisk.zip, Gapps.zip and ROM.zip files to your phone.
Install Galaxy S7 Android Pie LineageOS 16
- Boot Galaxy S7 into TWRP Recovery.
- Turn off the S7. Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button to get into the TWRP mode.
- In TWRP, click on Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select Cache, Dalvik Cache, System, and Data > Swipe to wipe.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP and click on Install.
- Under Install, click on Install Zip > Locate and select ROM.zip file > Swipe to flash.
- Similarly, click on Install > Install Zip > Locate and select Gapps.zip > Swipe to flash.
- In the end, flash the Magisk.zip file in the same way.
- Now reboot into the system.
- As your S7 boots up, you will find Android Pie running on it.
That’s pretty much it with the installation of Android Pie on the Galaxy S7. The first boot can easily take up to 10 minutes so wait patiently during this time. If something goes wrong, you can immediately flash a stock ROM on the phone. For any queries, feel free to reach out to me through the comments section below.