Although TWRP recovery has a lot of options maximizing the modification of an Android device, but its most common use is to root a phone. If a TWRP recovery solution is available for an Android smartphone, chances are, this device can be easily rooted using a SuperSU.zip file. Flashing SuperSU in TWRP recovery is the most common and most popular rooting method in the world of Android. There are many other root solutions like One Click Root Tools, Root Applications, Rooting scripts, but the SuperSU method happens to be traditional.
To flash SuperSU in the TWRP recovery, the recovery must be compatible with the device and it must have the modifications allowed. If the TWRP recovery is not fully compatible with your phone, flashing SuperSU will not let it gain root access. The only struggle you have to go through is to find the latest version of TWRP recovery for your phone, install it and then you are just one step away from rooting it.
Assuming that you have already found and installed TWRP on your phone and now you are looking for a way to root the phone, we are ready to take a look at how SuperSU.zip can be installed. Here are a few, easy-to-follow steps to flash SuperSU using TWRP recovery to Root Android.
Warning: Rooting your phone voids its warranty. Root your phone at your own risk.
How to Flash SuperSU using TWRP recovery to Root Android
- Download and install latest TWRP recovery on your phone.
- Download the latest SuperSU.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now boot your phone in the TWRP recovery mode.
- In TWRP, tap Install > Install Zip > Locate the SuperSU.zip file where you copied it.
- Select the file > Swipe to confirm flash.
- As SuperSU.zip flashing ends, reboot your device into the system.
- Once your phone boots up, check SuperSU in the application drawer.
- Your phone is now rooted, you can verify root access using Root Checker.
Do check out: How to install Magisk Systemless Interface on Android
Other root solutions:
- How to Root any Android Device without a PC
- Download Motochopper Root Tool
- Download KingRoot APK & For Windows – All Versions [ Latest Apk Updated ]
- How to Root any Android device