OnePlus 6T is the best phone that the company has ever produced. This is also the very first smartphone by OnePlus to find its way to the U.S. The OnePlus 6T is powered by the top-notch hardware, an up-to-date design, and some features that we have not seen on any other smartphone so far. To fully master your brand new OnePlus 6T, you need to learn about its hidden features. Here are our best OnePlus 6T tips and tricks for all the OnePlus 6T owners out there.
- 1 OnePlus 6T – Setting the smartphone industry on a new path
- 2 OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks
- 2.1 Hide Notch
- 2.2 Screen calibration
- 2.3 Enable Ambient Display
- 2.4 Change Accent Color
- 2.5 Change Wallpaper
- 2.6 Dark Theme
- 2.7 Change Status Bar
- 2.8 Use Gesture Navigation
- 2.9 Change Navigation Keys
- 2.10 Use under-display fingerprint ID
- 2.11 Add Face Unlock
- 2.12 Use Utilities
- 2.13 Change Fingerprint ID Animation
- 2.14 OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks in a Video
- 2.15 Conclusion
OnePlus 6T – Setting the smartphone industry on a new path
The OnePlus 6T, apparently, follows the design language of the OnePlus 6, but there are some changes within this design language. First off, the OnePlus 6T comes with a waterdrop notch. Yes, you heard it right. The ugly big notch is gone now. OnePlus 6T has a 6.41-inches 1080 x 2340 pixels Optic AMOLED screen having a 16MP shooter fixed in the tear-drop notch. This phone is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
OnePlus 6T is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC. It has a RAM of 6GB or 8GB with 128GB or 256GB internal storage. At the back, this phone has a dual 16MP + 20MP shooter. OnePlus 6T doesn’t have a headphone jack. It has a whopping 3700 mAh battery. It runs on Android Pie with latest OxygenOS out of the box.
There is no rear fingerprint scanner at the back of the OnePlus 6T. Wondering why? Well, because there is an under-display fingerprint scanner on the OnePlus 6T now. A new color called “Thunder Purple” has been introduced alongside the old Mirror Black and Midnight Black colors.
OnePlus 6T new features in a nutshell
Here are all the unique features of the OnePlus 6T in a nutshell
- Waterdrop notch
- 3700 mAh battery (upgrade from previous 3300 mAh battery)
- Base storage bumped to 128GB. No 64GB variant this time.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- Nightscape mode in the Camera
This phone has many other cool features that you may discover upon getting your hands on it.
OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks
So people, let’s start with the best OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks now.
Even though the OnePlus 6T comes with a notch that blends beautifully inside the display of this phone, but if you still don’t like this notch, you always have the option to hide it. Here is how to hide Notch on OnePlus 6T.
- First of all, open Settings.
- In Settings, go to Display Settings.
- Now open Notch Display and select “Hide the notch area”.
- The Notch will be replaced by a black bar covering the status bar now.
Don’t like the default display colors of the OnePlus 6T? You have the option to change the screen calibration. Here is how to calibrate screen on OnePlus 6T.
- Open Settings and go to Display.
- Now under the display settings, click on Screen calibration.
- Choose the display colors/settings you want to see now. I’d prefer going with the Adaptive mode.
Enable Ambient Display
OnePlus adds the Ambient display feature to its phones. The purpose of this feature is to add a clock, notification icons, and some other elements on the lock screen of your phone while its not in use. If you have ever seen the Always On Display on phones of Samsung and LG, you will find the Ambient display very much similar to that. Here is how to enable it.
- Open Settings and go to Display settings.
- Now click on Ambient Display and turn it on.
- You can customize the Ambient Display’s look within these settings as well.
Change Accent Color
The accent color can be easily changed on your OnePlus 6T. Accent color is the color of elements on your OnePlus 6T. For example, the icons in the status bar and the notifications panel of your phone will have a bluish color by default, this is the accent color. If you wish to change the accent color, follow these steps.
- Open Settings.
- Now open Display and go to Customization.
- Click on Accent Color.
- Chose your desired color now. All done.
OnePlus 6T comes with a number of wallpaper customizations. Follow these steps to change it.
- Open Settings on your phone and go to Display settings.
- Open Customization and click on Wallpaper.
- Now choose your desired wallpaper. That’s it.
Dark theme is something I personally really love on the OnePlus smartphones. These phones come with Optic Amoled display. It’s really a plus point to have a feature like Dark theme. Enabling Dark theme can save you a decent percentage of battery on your phone. Here is how to enable Dark Theme on the OnePlus 6T.
- Open Settings on your phone and click on Display.
- Now click on Customization and then click on Theme.
- Select the Dark theme now. It will take a few seconds to enable Dark theme. That’s all.
Change Status Bar
You can add some information to the status bar of your phone. Here is how to make the addtional information appear atop of your phone’s status bar.
- Open Settings and go to Display.
- Under the System heading, click on Status Bar.
- Now you can change the Battery Style on your phone.
- You can also show the Battery Percentage in the status bar.
- If you are a geek and you like monitoring the Network Speed, you can make it show up there as well.
- Lastly, you can customise the status bar icons from this menu as well.
OnePlus 6T runs on Android Pie and it does come with Gesture Navigation as well. The Gesture Navigation on the OnePlus 6T is really cool. To enable it, follow these steps.
- Open Settings and click on Buttons & Gestures.
- Now click on Navigation Gestures to enable them.
- You will see that the three-key-navigation has vanished from the chin of your phone. That’s all.
By default, the formation or the placement of the navigation keys on the OnePlus 6T is a bit unusual. The OnePlus 6T has the back key on the left side and the menu key on the right side. Most phones used to have the back key on the right side in the good old days. If you don’t like this formation, you can definitely change it. Here is how to do so.
- Open Settings and then go to Buttons & Gestures.
- Now click on Navigation Bar & Gestures.
- Go to the Navigation bar customization now.
- Click on Swap. Check the keys now. That’s all.
Use under-display fingerprint ID
OnePlus 6T comes with an under-display fingerprint ID. You can enable it by following these steps.
- Open Settings and go to Security & lock screen.
- Click on Fingprint now.
- Enroll your thumb or any other finger that you want to unlock the phone with.
- Lock your phone and see the under-display fingerprint scanner illuminating at the bottom of the screen.
Add Face Unlock
In the same security settings of the phone, you will find the Face Unlock option as well. OnePlus 6T has a superb Face ID Unlock. It works before you blink your eye. Simply open Settings > Security & lock screen > Face Unlock and register your face. While using the Face ID, you will rarely use the under-display fingerprint scanner.
The OnePlus 6T is loaded with some handy utilities. Here is how to access them and enable them.
- Open Settings > Scroll down and click on Utilities.
- You will now find the Gaming Mode here. Use the Gaming Mode to set up your phone for playing games.
- Below Gaming Mode, you will find Parallel Apps. Here you will find all the apps that support dual instances. For example, if you wish to install 2 Facebook applications at the same time in your OnePlus 6T, you might be able to find the Facebook support in Parallel Apps.
- OnePlus 6T comes with an inbuilt App Locker. This App Locker is much better and secure than your ordinary App Locker. It cannot be disabled or cracked. Use this App Locker to protect your applications.
- You can turn on the Pocket Mode to avoid unusual touches on your phone while it is in your pocket.
- Schedule your phone to turn on or turn off on your desired time.
Change Fingerprint ID Animation
This is by far the coolest feature I have found on the OnePlus 6T. You can actually change the animation of the fingerprint ID on your phone. I haven’t seen such a feature on phones like Huawei Mate 20 Pro, so I really give OnePlus the full marks for this feature. Here is how to change fingerprint ID animation on OnePlus 6T.
- Open Settings and go to Security & lock screen.
- Now click on Fingerprint and then click on Fingerprint animation effect.
- You will find three options now which are as follows.
- Chose your desired animation and save the settings. That’s all.
OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks in a Video
So folks, that is all with the OnePlus 6T Tips and Tricks. I hope that being a OnePlus 6T owner, you really like this guide. If this guide has helped you, drop your feedback below. If you have anything else to add to this list, please share it with us through the comment section or our contact us page.