When OnePlus 5 was released, it was found running on Oxygen OS based on Android 7.0 Nougat. OnePlus made a good smartphone, but it forgot to add a feature called the 4K EIS inside. This feature made 4K video recording a bit boring. OnePlus soon realized that there was a dire need of the 4K EIS feature in the phone. It released a new update of the Oxygen OS carrying the version number 4.5.8. The new update is still based on Android Nougat, however, it now enables the 4K EIS feature on the OnePlus 5. This new update of OOS also brings a lot of bug fixes. The annoying WiFi Bug has also been fixed on the phone. The update is already available from OnePlus. If you have a fond of shooting high-quality videos and you need the 4K EIS on your phone right now, then you should update the phone without a second thought.
Installing Oxygen OS 4.5.8 on your OnePlus 5 is a very simple process. It will not void the warranty of your phone or cause any other harm. The update files are completely safe and untouched. Flashing the new firmware on your phone will refresh everything on it. The installation of a new stock firmware on the OnePlus smartphones is much more easy as compared to other device manufacturers. You can flash the OnePlus’s firmware.zip files either through the official recovery of your OnePlus smartphone or if you have a custom recovery, even that can be used to flash a stock firmware. That’s how good the things are with OnePlus. It completely supports the freedom that an Android enthusiast needs on his device.
Here is a list of all the changes made to the OS with the new OOS 4.5.8 update.
- New OnePlus Slate Font.
- 4K EIS for recording videos.
- Android Security Patch July 1, 2017.
- Wi-Fi connects better now.
- Battery on stand-by mode enhancements.
Fixed occasional sound leaks in the speakers when using earphones
Fixed camera shutter sound bug in silent mode for Indian region
Fixed occasional stutters when playing games
Fixed battery drain for Jio users
Let’s learn how to flash the Oxygen OS 4.5.8 on the OnePlus 5 through OTA update and also through a custom recovery.
Update OnePlus 5 to Oxygen OS 4.5.8 [4K EIS & WiFi Bug Fix]
- Make sure that you are already on the old version of Oxygen OS
- Open settings on your OnePlus 5.
- Scroll all the way down and locate “System Updates” option right above the About device option.
- Check for system updates, if there’s a new update available, then flash it and you’re good to go with Oxygen OS 4.5.8.
- We will flash the entire Oxygen OS 4.5.8, Download OnePlus Oxygen OS 4.5.8.zip file
- Download and install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
Method# 2: Download and install the entire Oxygen OS 4.5.8
- Download the Oxygen OS 4.5.8.zip file and copy it to your phone’s internal storage.
- Make sure that you have flashed the TWRP recovery linked above.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn it off first. Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Down + Power Key.
- Once your phone is in TWRP recovery, tap “Install > Locate Oxygen OS 4.5.8.zip file > Select Oxygen OS 4.5.8 > Swipe screen to confirm flash”.
- Once the flashing is over, reboot your phone and it should be running Oxygen OS 4.5.8.
You can also sideload the update. Have a look at How To Use ADB Sideload to Sideload Custom ROMs, Recoveries and MODs