Samsung has rolled out the official Android 8.1.0 Oreo update for the Galaxy J7 Core which is also known as the Galaxy J7 Nxt. The official update carries massive changes. This guide will help you to update Galaxy J7 Core/Nxt to official Android 8.1 Oreo. Take a look at what’s new in this update and also what the Galaxy J7 Core is all about before you download Android Oreo on this device.
Galaxy J7 Core or Galaxy J7 Nxt
Samsung Galaxy J7 Core/Nxt was released last year in July. This phone is equipped with a 5.5-inches Super AMOLED display. The resolution on this display is 720 x 1280 pixels. Galaxy J7 Nxt is powered by Exynos 7870 Octa-core SoC. The SoC is accompanied by Mali-T830 MP1 GPU. Under the hood, it has a RAM of 2GB with 16GB internal storage. There is a 13MP shooter at the back of this phone and a 5MP shooter on the front. The Galaxy J7 Core or Galaxy J7 Nxt has a 3,000 mAh battery inside. This phone ran on Android Nougat out of the box. It has skipped Android 8.0 Oreo in favor of Android 8.1.0 Oreo.
Galaxy J7 Core/Nxt Android Oreo – What’s New?
The update first of all changes the version number to Android 8.1.0 Oreo. There are major performance and battery life enhancements in this update. A number of annoying bugs have been fixed. The cosmetical changes include a new UI in the settings application. The file manager has now got the recent files menu. You will notice new icons for some of the applications in the app drawer. The icons in the notification panel of the phone and also in the status bar have been changed. Some of the elements on the phone’s lockscreen are completely new. Overall, the Android Oreo update is better than the Android Nougat by all means.
Android 8.1 Oreo for Galaxy J7 Nxt
The update first made its way through OTA. If you own the Galaxy J7 Nxt carrying the model number J701F or J701FD, simply open the Settings > Software Updates > Check for the updates. If there is an update available, you should update the phone immediately using OTA. However, if there is no OTA available for your phone, you can opt for the manual installation method.
The update can be manually installed using Odin. The latest version of Odin i.e. Odin 3.13.1 can be used to flash Android 8.1.0 Oreo on the Galaxy J7 Nxt. Follow the simple and easy steps given below to download Android Oreo on Galaxy J7 Nxt.
Update Galaxy J7 Core/Nxt to Official Android 8.1 Oreo
- This guide is only for Galaxy J7 Nxt or Galaxy J7 Core with model number J701F/FD.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid a power mishap.
- Backup all of your data if you want to perform a clean installation.
- Turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin on your PC.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging on the phone.
- Use OEM Data Cable to connect Galaxy J7 Nxt to the computer.
- Follow the remaining steps carefully.
- Odin 3.13.1 for PC
- Extract to get Odin3.exe file.
- Samsung USB Drivers
- Download and install on your computer.
- J701FDDU6BRI1 Firmware File: Download
Install Galaxy J7 Nxt Android 8.1 Oreo
- Open Odin3.exe on your computer.
- In Odin, click on Options. Make sure that the only options checked are F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot.
- Now get back to the main menu in Odin.
- Click on AP tab in Odin and select the AP file.
- Click on BL tab and select the BL file.
- Now click on the CP tab and select the CP file.
- In the CSC tab, select the CSC file if you want to perform a clean installation, otherwise, select the HOME_CSC file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy J7 Core/Nxt.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home button to boot into Download Mode.
- Press Volume Up to continue now.
- Connect the J7 Nxt to the computer.
- Odin will show “Added” message in the log box and also show a Blue light determining the successful connection.
- Click on the “Start” button in Odin now.
- The firmware will be flashed and your phone will reboot automatically.
That’s all. The Android Oreo has been installed on your phone. Disconnect the phone and enjoy the all-new Android Oreo on your Galaxy J7.