OnePlus 6 is an exceptional phone. OnePlus 6 shows a long journey of improvements traveled by OnePlus. With every new flagship released, OnePlus increased the price as well. The OnePlus 6 is the most expensive flagship ever manufactured by the company. The phone is worth every single penny. OnePlus 6, which comes only at $530, is a strong competitor of the phones like Galaxy S9 and LG G7 ThinQ. Over 1 Million units of OnePlus 6 were sold in the first 22 days. It has become the most sold phone by the company ever.
Our phones have supplanted our laptops today. Most of our important data is stored on the smartphones. All the pictures, important contacts, and other data are also stored on our phones. Therefore, our phones demand great security as well. There is no way that you would risk losing your phone. Google also knows how important the phones have become in the life of an average smartphone user. Keeping in view the security aspects, Google enables its Find My Device feature on all the phones running on Android OS.
The Find My Device by Google is a part of its Android Device Manager. Find My Device is linked with your Google Account. A Google Account is important for any Android phone. The moment you turn on your brand new Android phone, it asks you to set up your Google Account. There are 90% chances that you have logged into your Google Account on your OnePlus 6, which means that the Find My Device service is also active. All this means that your device is secure by default. The only thing that you have to do is to keep your phone connected to the internet all the time.
So let’s say, your phone had the Google Account logged in, and connected to the internet, and now your phone is lost or it’s been stolen. Given the fact that the two aforementioned services were enabled on your phone, there’s a great chance of recovering the phone. You can immediately open the Google Find My Device dashboard and look for your phone on the map.
If you are on this page right now, it means that you have landed here as a result of an unfortunate event that took your phone away. I am going to take you through the steps to track and locate lost OnePlus 6 remotely. In case you fail to find the phone, try to erase it so that your data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands. Let’s learn the procedure now.
Track And Locate Lost OnePlus 6 Remotely
The Google Search Method
- Open Google.com on your computer and log in using your Google Account.
- Now open Google.com again and in the search bar, type “Find My Device”.
- Google will try to locate your device and show you the device right in the search results.
- This is how it will look like.
- Now you can either find your device on the map, ring it or erase it remotely.
The Google Find My Device Page
- Open the Google Find My Device Page and log in using your Google Account.
- Now the Find My Device will show you the phone you are logged into.
- Look up for your phone on the map.
- Ring the phone if you think you dropped it nearby.
- Erase and lock the phone if it’s not nearby.
- That’s all.