After waiting for months, Xposed Framework is finally out for the Android 7.0 Nougat. Xposed didn’t make it to Android Nougat because of the new safety features implemented in the OS by Google. It was easier for the developers to create Xposed for the previous versions of Android. Android Nougat turned out to be a really hard nut to crack. The nut has finally been cracked and you can install Xposed Framework on your Android Nougat powered devices. The build of Xposed working with Android Nougat is unofficial.
If you don’t already know anything about the Xposed Framework, it’s important to get familiar with it first. Xposed for Android adds the ability in an Android smartphone to customize its ROM. If you do not want to install a custom ROM on your Android smartphone and you still want to add a few new features or enhance your current stock ROM or any other ROM, Xposed is your way to go with. Xposed works with the help of modules. Once you load the framework in your Android smartphone, you can begin installing the modules. Xposed has its own repository in its application. Using the Xposed application, you can install any module. Some popular Xposed modules include the Youtube in Background, Ad-Blocker, Greenify, Wanam Kit, Gravity Box and Xblast Tools. Xposed simply makes an Android device fly high with the extended features and options.
To install Xposed Framework on your Android Nougat powered smartphone, you first need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Using the custom recovery, you will flash the Xposed Framework’s .zip file and then you will install the Xposed application to install and control all the modules. Here’s a guide to install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat. The tutorial will explain the process in very simple and easy steps.
Note: Xposed Framework for Android Nougat has been tested on OnePlus 1, OnePlus 3, OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 5 and some other phones. The Framework seems to be working fine on the mentioned devices. Follow the steps very carefully to perform a successful installation.
Xposed is available for:
- Xposed SDK25 ARM64
- Xposed SDK25 ARM
- Xposed SDK25 X86
Note: Xposed for Nougat the moment is highly unstable. It will bring in a lot of errors. Make sure that you are an Android power user and you know how to handle it if something goes towards east instead of going west. Flash it at your own risk. We do not take responsibility for anything custom.
How to Install Xposed Framework on Android Nougat
- Make sure your phone has a custom recovery running on it.
- Open the Xposed Framework for Nougat download page.
- On this page, go to Classic > SDK25 > download the framework according to your phone’s architecture. If you don’t know what architecture your phone has, then have a look at this page: How to check which of the Processor, ARM, ARM64 or x86, powers your smartphone.
- Download XposedInstaller_by_dvdandroid_29_04_17.apk.
- Copy the downloaded Xposed-SDK25-Nougat-xxxxx-by-PurifyOS.zip file and the XposedInstaller APK file to your phone’s internal or external SD card.
- Boot your phone into the custom recovery mode.
- Assuming that you are running TWRP recovery, tap the Install button in TWRP.
- Now under the install option, locate the Xposed-SDK25-Nougat-xxxxx-by-PurifyOS.zip file and flash it.
- After flashing the file, reboot your device.
- Now install the XposedInstaller APK.
- Open the newly installed Xposed application now and install your desired modules. That’s all.
If the applications start crashing on your phone after installing Xposed, clear your phone’s Dalvik Cache using the TWRP recovery.
How to Uninstall Xposed
- Download the Xposed Uninstaller.zip file from the same page linked above.
- Flash the Xposed Uninstaller in the TWRP recovery just like you flashed the zip file to install it.
- Clear the Dalvik cache of your phone after uninstalling. Reboot your phone and you are all done.