Last Time we posted How To Root International HTC One M8, today we are about to put another device to its rooting, Sprint variant of HTC One M8. After the release of HTC One M8 all the carriers are lined up to get their logo on HTC One M8. The specs are the same no matter what variant you are using,Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.3GHz processor, 5” Full-HD 1080p Corning Gorilla glass display, Ultra pixel Duo camera, Bluetooth 4.0 and latest Android software support with Sense UI 6 based on KitKat 4.4.2. This device was released just a week ago and rooting method if its international version aside even the Carrier versions are getting their rooting methods and Sprint is one of them.Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install CWM Recovery On Sprint HTC One M8. But before we begin, Make sure that:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is HTC One M8(Sprint).
- Do-not try it on International HTC One M8.
- Bootloader Must Be Unlocked: Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure Fastboot Is Configured: How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide]
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For HTC Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Download TWRP Image: Link
Download Super SU: Link (update-Super-SU-v1.94.zip)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Sprint HTC One M8
- Copy the TWRP Image in the Fastboot folder.
- Go To Phone Settings and Disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Turn Off the Device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Fastboot in the Menu
- Connect your Device With PC.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder .
- Type in the Following Command one after the Other:
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-m8.img
- fastboot reboot
- Your device will Now Reboot and TWRP Will be installed on your device.
How To Sprint Root HTC One M8
- Copy the Super SU.zip files to the Root of your Device Sdcard.
- Turn Off your device.
- Turn off your phone and open HBOOT mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Recovery in the Menu
- Tap On Install and Select the Super SU File and slide the button to start the process.
- Once done go back to TWRP Recovery and Reboot the Device.
Also See: How To Root HTC One M8(International)
Also See: How To Root Verizon HTC One M8
After a Successful reboot, Download Root Checker app to Verify Root Access.