Xposed Framework is the best Android modification tool to date. Don’t like flashing a custom ROM? Xposed can modify your current stock ROM without pushing you towards a complexity. It gives you the freedom of installing hundreds of MODs from a collection of thousands of MODs right in the palm of your hands. Xposed worked fine till the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Things started getting a little bit foggy with the release of the Android Nougat. It took a span of months for an unofficial version of Xposed to work with Android Nougat, and after months of running the unofficial Xposed for Nougat, we finally have the official Xposed Framework for Android Nougat.
The official Xposed Framework came out for Android Nougat about 3-4 days ago. Just today, a more refined version of the Xposed Framework released and that too exclusively for the Samsung Galaxy phones running Android Nougat. Xposed Framework was causing a little bit of a mess for the Samsung Galaxy users. Many users reported the bootloop issue after flashing the Android Nougat. The Framework was updated with better support. The bootloops are not completely gone from the phone. It’s still happening with the users running previous versions of Android. However, Xposed works way better on the Android Nougat powered Galaxy handsets.
In the past few months, Samsung has updated a lot of its smartphones to the Android Nougat. These phones include the Galaxy S5 Neo, Galaxy A7 2017, Galaxy J7 Prime, Galaxy J7 2016, Galaxy J5 Prime, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 5 and so many other phones. The Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and the Note 8 already run on the Android Nougat. The latest flagship devices are a result of a wonderful job done by Samsung. If you happen to have one of these smartphones, you should pick up this opportunity to make the best out of it by flashing the official Xposed Framework.
As far as the Xposed Modules are concerned, not all the Modules are updated to work with the Nougat firmware yet. This is because no one had an idea when the official version of the Framework will come out for Android Nougat. Now that it’s out, the Modules’ developers have started updating as well. Sooner or later, we are going to have all the Modules compatible with Nougat Android. For now, we can safely install official Xposed Framework on all Samsung Galaxy handsets running the Android Nougat 7.0 or 7.1 operating system.
Download Xposed Framework Official Samsung Galaxy Android Nougat:
Xposed for Android 7.1 Nougat
Xposed for Android 7.0 Nougat
Xposed Framework APK
- Download Xposed Framework APK to manage Xposed Modules.
Don’t know what architecture your phone runs on? Follow this guide: How to check which of the Processor, ARM, ARM64 or x86, powers your smartphone.
Note: This guide will work with all Android phones running on Android Nougat. The development for official Xposed Framework for Android Oreo has started as well.
How to Install official Xposed Framework on Galaxy phones running Android Nougat
- Make sure that your phone has a custom recovery installed on it.
- Boot your phone into the custom recovery.
- If you are using TWRP recovery, tap Install > Locate the Xposed Installer.zip file > Swipe screen to flash file.
- After flashing the file, restart your phone into the system.
- Now using a file manager, locate the copied Xposed Framework APK file and install it.
- Open the installed application from the App Drawer.
- You can now start installing any modules that you like. The most popular modules include GravityBox, App Settings and running Youtube in the background.
How to Uninstall Xposed
- Download the Xposed Uninstaller.zip file from below.
- Copy Xposed Uninstaller to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Reboot your phone into the custom recovery installed on your phone.
- Flash the Xposed Uninstaller in the TWRP recovery just like you flashed the zip file above to install it.
- Clear the Dalvik cache of your phone after uninstalling. Reboot your phone and you are all done.
Here are some useful links