Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 was introduced back in January. This phone simply enhances Samsung’s Galaxy A lineup. Galaxy A7 2017 carried a number of upgrades over its predecessor. Samsung used a 5.7 inch full HD display on the front secured by Corning Gorilla Glass 4. The Galaxy A7 2017 is a water and dust proof smartphone with the help of IP68 certification. Samsung has used Exynos 7880 CPU accompanied by a RAM of 3 GB and 32 GB internal storage. Galaxy A7 2017 has a 16 MP shooter at its back and a 16 MP shooter on the front.
Galaxy A7 2017 ran on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. It took approximately 8 months for Samsung to roll out Galaxy A7’s Android 7.0 Nougat update. The new update is loaded with tons of goodies. You will find a brand new UI at first. Recent files menu in the file manager has popped up. New icons in the settings application and new icons in the app drawer have been introduced. You can now optimize the battery of your phone to make it last longer. Samsung has efficiently boosted the performance and battery life of the phone with the help of this new firmware. The new firmware is also more secure.
Android Nougat for the Galaxy A7 2017 is on the roll through OTA update in selected regions. You can check your phone’s software update section to see if an update is available for your region. If you are unable to find the OTA update and you want to update your phone immediately, you will have to go with the manual update method. Samsung’s Odin3 tool can help you to flash the software manually on your Galaxy A7 2017. We will take you through a step-by-step guide now to update your Galaxy A7 2017 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware.
Install Galaxy A7 2017 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware through OTA
- On your Galaxy A7 2017, go to Settings.
- In Settings, go to About Device.
- In About device > Software update.
- Check for new update now. If there is an update available, update your phone right away.
OTA update is the safest method to update any Android smartphone. However, if the update hasn’t hit your region, you may opt for a manual method to update your phone. Samsung has its own tool called Odin3 which can be used to flash the firmware files manually on your smartphone. Scroll down to update your Galaxy A7 2017 to Android 7.0 Nougat manually.
Install Galaxy A7 2017 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware [Odin Method]
Make sure that your device is exactly as mentioned above. To check out what device you have, go to Settings > More/General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number. Be careful about the device model number, flashing a file on a device not listed here might result in bricking it up. In that case, we may not be held responsible.
Your device’s battery should not be weak. In case your device goes dead during the flashing process, your device may get soft bricked and you might be in need of flashing stock firmware and that will ultimately result in wiping up your data as well.
Always use the original data cable to establish a connection between your Android device and your computer/laptop. Using ordinary data cables might interrupt the flashing process, so to avoid any mishap, you need to meet this requirement as well.
Make sure that you turn off Samsung Kies while using Odin3 flash-tool. Samsung Kies will interrupt Odin3 and will result in causing errors and may not let you flash your desired firmware. Also, make sure that you turn off any antivirus software you’ve installed and also disable firewall to avoid any connection and flashing issues.
Required Downloads & Installations
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.12.3
- Firmware for Galaxy A7 2017: Download
- Extract the downloaded firmware file to get the .tar.md5 files.
How to Install Official Android 7.0 Nougat on Galaxy A7 2017
- Make sure that you read the instructions listed above carefully and you’re all set to go ahead now.
- Wipe your device complete in order to attain a neat installation. You may boot into the recovery mode and perform a factory data reset.
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy A7 2017 in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID: COM box should turn blue.
- Now in Odin, selects the files one by one as shown in the picture.
- Select BL tab and select the BL file in it.
- Select AP tab and select the PDA or AP file in it.
- Select CP tab and select the CP file in it.
- Select CSC tab and select HOME_CSC file in it.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the firmware flashing is complete, The flashing process box will turn green upon successful flashing.
- Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, disconnect your device and reboot it manually.
- Once the device boots up, check out the new firmware now.
- Your device will be running on official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Once updated to stock, do not try to downgrade, or else you will result in messing up EFS partition of your device.
- That’s all!
Got any queries? Make sure that you drop em’ in the comment box below. Good Luck!