Stock based custom ROMs are always the best choice to go with. You can have enjoy tons of mods and features, with a lot user controlled customization and your phone’s base is still on stock / official Android. Galaxy S3 Mini is currently running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, there are several ROMs based on CyanogenMod 11 and others that can help you to enjoy a higher version of Android on your Mini S3 but still the best choice is using a stock based custom ROM.
We have something similar for you here today. DMod v6 is an awesome custom ROM based on XXAMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware, the ROM is bloatware free and is deodexed. The developer has ported some cool apps from Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 2 to add some charm to the Mini S3. Chances of bugs are less in this ROM, So, you may just want to install it without a second thought. In the following post we’ll be having a look on a method to install this ROM on Galaxy S3 Mini. Before we head towards the ROM installation guide, let’s have a look on what this ROM has to offer.
v6 built up from scratch on XXAMD3 ROM and kernel — Heavily DEBLOATED and DEODEXED
Pay attention – WIPE ROM
AROMA Installer – you can customize the entire installation process!
Multi CSC package installable separately
Almost FULL S4 Theme!
18 Colors Ink Effect Mod + 4way Reboot
Ice Cream Sandwich animations instead of JB ones – your phone will fly!
Galaxy S4 Icons,Fonts, Sounds, Wallpapers and some Apps! More details below
– Galaxy S3 Gallery
– Galaxy S4 flare lockscreen! – disable ripple effect to use it
– Galaxy Note 2 Paper Artist
– Galaxy S4 Theme for some stock apps
– Galaxy Note 2 Popup Browser
– Galaxy S4 latest Samsung Apps
– Galaxy S4 Keyboard
– Galaxy S4 Samsung Link
– Galaxy S4 Themed S-Voice
– Galaxy S4 Group Play
– Torch widget from Note2 (with 3 different light intensities)
Inverted YouTube with screen off playback!! -UPDATED
Re-arranged status bar toggles in a smarter way, removed the useless ones
New 4.1.6 Play Store!
New DTweaks in build.prop + init.d scripts & 4cyl turbo scripts by exit_only
New Bravia Engine 3 ported, display looks even sharper!
Ported xLoud and ClearAudio for a great sound experience
DEFINETELY disabled OTA service and removed “Updates” from settings
Added a statusbar icon when NFC is on
Enabled sub-symbols on stock keyboard – Long press to insert symbol
Colorized days in S-Planner
Phone and Contacts MODs:
– In-call vibration for notifications enabled
– Disabled phone number auto-formatting
– Removed contacts joining limit
– Inverted email app from black to white – much more readable
– No MMS conversion,no contact limit, real timestamps with sent time instead of received
– Enabled split view in landscape
– Screen on/off toggle, vibration and signature
– Group messaging
– No SMS hour limit
– Enabled Scheduled messages
– Enabled MMS download even with data off
– Enabled folders for messages
– Added shutter sound toggle in settings
– Camera is available during a call
– Enabled emojis in stock browser
– Added confirmation prompt when exiting from browser
– Home page instead of about:blank when opening a new tab
-Added “Exit” button to browser in menu
Here are some important pre-requisites and installation instructions:
- This ROM works for all the variants of the Galaxy S3 Mini i8190. Do not try this on any other device. Check your device’s model under settings > About device > Model.
- Your device must be charged over at least 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any mishap during the installation process.
- It is highly recommended that you make a nandroid backup of your device using a custom recovery. This is handy in case something goes wrong and you want to get your older system back immediately.
- Use the OEM data cable to establish connection between your PC and Phone.
- Backup each and everything on your Android phone as you may have to go through data wipes during installation process. Here are the backup procedures.
- Backup all your important contacts, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important sms messages, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important call logs, find the full guide here.
- Backup all your important media content manually. (Copy to your PC.)
- Backup all your apps / data. If you’ve rooted your device, use Titanium Backup to do so. Follow the full guide here.
- Your device must have a CWM or TWRP Recovery installed. Follow the full guide here to install one.
- Make sure that you read all the important instructions carefully. Once done, you may go ahead.
Alright. Make sure that you followed all the instructions carefully and let’s move forward to the 2nd page for ROM installation.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
Pages: Page 1 > Page 2