Huawei’s flagship device Ascend P6 is one of the widely used Android devices around the world now, The device won the Chinese manufacturer enough respect with it’s extremly slim and beautiful design. The device surely needed some attention from the developers and finally Huawei Ascend P6’s development is moving ahead day by day and there is a number of custom ROMs, Tweaks and Mods that you may install and test the limiations of your Android device. Earlier, we posted the Root and CWM recovery guide for the Ascend P6, but for the latest Mods, Tweaks and Custom ROMs you may need a latest custom recovery running on your device.
While going through the XDA-Developers forum I came across TWRP 2.7 and CWM 22.214.171.124 recoveries for the Huawei Ascend P6. Both the recoviers are in development stages, but should be able to perform all of your desired tasks that usually want in a custom recovery.
In the following post we are going to install both these recoveris on this device, In case you’ve been looking for it, your search may come to and end and follow the procedure being very careful. Before we proceed with the recovery installation, I’m assuming that not al of you are familiar with a custom recovery and have no idea what you’re going to do. To make it clear and remove any confusion, we will first go through a brief introduction of the custom recoveries, that are TWRP and ClockworkMod in our case.
A custom recovery allows you to install custom roms, mods etc. Along with these, you can make a Nandroid backup, this helps you a lot as you can move back to the previous working state of your phone at any time you want if you have backed up your current system. In some cases, to root the phone you need to flash SuperSu.zip file in the custom recovery, having installed the recovery may help you while in some cases to install the recovery easily, you need to have the phone rooted. You can also wipe cache and dalvik cache of your phone using a custom recovery.
Here are the pre-installation instructions:
- This guide is only for Huawei Ascend P6. Do not try this on any other device, please check your device’s model number in Settings > General > About Device.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 60%. This is highly recommended in order to prevent any power issues during the flashing process.
- Make sure that you backup your important media content, Contacts, Call Logs & Messages. This is highly recommended just in case something goes wrong and you need to reset your phone.
- Use only OEM data cable to establish connection between your phone and PC. Turn off your Anti Virus and Firewall to prevent any connection issues. Also enable USB debugging mode on your phone if you face connection issues.
- Alright! Go ahead, follow this guide to the letter.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom ROMs, recoveries and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is Huawei in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to Install CWM 126.96.36.199 Recovery:
- Your device must have CWM 188.8.131.52 already installed in order to install this recovery.
- Downoad CWM 184.108.40.206 update.zip file and copy it to your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into CWM Recovery on your phone now, to do so, turn off your device completely. Now turn it on, as soon as you see the Red LED, press Volume Up or Down key a few times and it should take you to the CWM interface.
- Once in CWM, select “Install > Choose Zip from SDcard > CWM 220.127.116.11 Update.zip > Yes”.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Boot into the CWM 18.104.22.168 using the method in step 3.
- That’s all with CWM 22.214.171.124 installation.
How to Install TWRP 2.7 Recovery:
- TWRP 2.7 works only with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat powered Huawei Ascend P6.
- You must have installed Android ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC. Get the Fastboot folder using the guide.
- Once done with the ADB and Fastboot installation, download TWRP 2.7 Recovery.img file.
- Rename the downloaded file to boot.img.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Huawei Ascend P6 and connect it to your PC.
- Now open the Fastboot folder that you created using our ADB & Fastboot guide.
- Press and hold the shift key and then right click on an empty area inside the Fastboot folder, now click on “Open Command Window Here”.
Now in command prompt type “adb reboot bootloader”.
- It should reboot your phone into the bootloader mode, now push this command in command window
“fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- This will quickly flash the TWRP 2.7 recovery in your device.
- Once done, reboot your device.
- Boot into recovery by pressing Volume Up or Down Key as soon as you see the Red LED while booting up your phone.
- You should see the TWRP recovery interface now.
That’s all with the recovery installation on the Huawei Ascend P6. In case you got any queries or your facing any problems regarding this post, feel free to stop by the comment box below and reach us. Thanks all.