Google unveiled the Android M as Android Marshmallow and 6th iteration of Android a few days back. Apart from the official name and version number, Google also released the Android M Preview 3 for Nexus devices. While other users are going to wait for their smartphone’s manufacturers to roll out Android M, Nexus users are already enjoying it on their devices. But to fulfil the appetite of non-Nexus users, some developers have pulled out various components of Android M from the 3rd developer preview running on Nexus devices.
It doesn’t matter when your’e going to receive an update to Android M or when you’re going to get a custom Android M ROM for your device, you can still have a look and feel of Android M on your device by means of the launcher running on Android M. Android M’s Google Now launcher has been pulled out in the form of an installable APK file. You can grab the launcher and install it on your Android smartphone running Android 4.1 Jellybean or higher.
The new Android M (Google Now Launcher) includes a new improved UI, a set of new stock wallpapers. One of the most highlighted features is the vertical scrolling that seems to be a part of the core Android operating system now.
While install Android M launcher on your Android JellyBean, KitKat or Lollipop device, please be reminded that this is only the launcher. Installing the launcher doesn’t mean you’re upgrading your device to Android M. Google Now Launcher from Android M will only bring a look and feel of Android M in your device. You can also uninstall this launcher easily in case it doesn’t satisfy you. Let’s learn now how you can get it on your device.
How To Install Android M Google Now Launcher On Your Android Device
- Download Google Now Launcher 1.2 APK
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your Android phone.
- Now go to settings > security settings > unknown sources > check it.
- Now locate the copied APK file on your phone and tap it to install it.
- Follow on-screen instructions and install the Google Now Launcher.
- Now launch Google Now Launcher using the icon in app drawer.
- Your phone’s UI will change now.
- Press the home button to bring up the launcher selection option, you can choose now which launcher you want to choose.
- You can uninstall Google Now Launcher by simply uninstalling its application from application manager located in settings.