LG G5 is LG’s latest flagship device. The G5 was unveiled running Android Marshmallow out of the box. LG does have the plans to update this phone to the new Android 7.0 and 7.1 Nougat. The new firmware has even started rolling out for some users in the hometown of LG, but it will take quite a while for this update to expand to the users all acorss the globe. LG G5 is a powerhouse to might specifications and the device is a great toy if you want to tweak it beyond the boundaries.
An unofficial build of CyanogenMod 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat is available for the LG G5 H850 and H830. If you are not happy with the current official firmware of your device or if you are one of the users who just loves playing around with the firmware of your device, then CyanogenMod 14.1 should be your call for now. CyanogenMod 14.1’s current build’s mainstream features are found working. You might find only a few features crashing. Being an Android power users, the buggy features shouldn’t be a big deal for you. Let’s have a look on the method and learn how to install Android 7.1 Nougat on LG G5 H850, H830 via CyanogenMod 14.1 custom ROM.
- This guide is supposed to work for LG G5 H850 and H830 only. Do not try it on another phone. It might result in bricking your phone if the model number is not as same as listed here.
- Charge your phone up to 50% prior to the flashing process. This should be done in order to keep your device alive throughout the flashing process.
- Make sure that your phone is running the latest Lollipop firmware before flashing this ROM.
- Flash a TWRP Recovery on your LG G5.
- Backup Nandroid and save it to your computer. Nandroid Backup is important since it will help you to revert back everything in case the new ROM crashes.
- Backup your important text messages, call logs and contacts as well.
- Follow the instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap. Flash the ROM at your own risk. In case of a mishap, TechBeasts or the ROM developers may not be held responsible.
Install Android 7.1 Nougat on LG G5 H850, H830 via CyanogenMod 14.1
- Download Android 7.1 Nougat CyanogenMod 14.1 Custom ROM.zip file. CM 14.1 for H850 | CM 14.1 for H830
- Download Gapps.zip file for Android 7.1 Nougat (ARM64) according to your liking.
- Copy both the downloaded files to your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Now power off your phone and boot it into TWRP recovery mode by using the volume button combination.
- As soon as you boot into TWRP, select the wipe option and perform a factory data reset.
- Now get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and tap Install > locate the ROM.zip file > Swipe to confirm flash > finish the flashing.
- Now once again get back to the main menu in TWRP recovery and this time flash the Gapps.zip file.
- After flashing Gapps.zip file, wipe the cache and dalvik cache from the wipe > advanced wipe options.
- Now reboot your phone into system.
- As it boots up, you should find the CyanogenMod 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat booting up on your LG G5. That’s all.