Samsung introduced its new TouchWiz UI in the Galaxy S5, the new UI was a major update over the previous TouchWiz as major changes were prominent. S5’s UI is pretty colorful and eye-catching, new buttons in the notification bar, new settings application, new Gallery app and almost all other applications got a new interface. The stock TouchWiz launcher got a new UI as well. New boot animation, new icons and a lot more has been added to this new UI. The devices, that came out after the Galaxy S5 pack up this new TouchWiz UI, but, unfortunately the old devices won’t be getting this new display, their updates will bring the same old UI. Now this might disappoint the Galaxy device owners as they will have to stick to their device’s same old look, while the new devices are enjoying such a cool UI.
Same might be the case with the Galaxy Win owners. Galaxy Win’s stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean’s UI isn’t that good. But just in case you’re wishing to give your device a look and feel of the Galaxy S5, your wish looks like getting a reality. XDA senior member renzorampas has come up with his ROM, named as TransWin ROM that has the Galaxy S5’s theme packing up some very nice graphics from the Galaxy S5’s UI. The ROM is Deodexed, Debloated and Pre-Rooted. Alongside that, a plethora of features is there waiting for you. Over-all, TransWin ROM is a great choice to go with since it’s based on the stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware having some great modifications atop that can give your Galaxy Win Duos a life of the Galaxy S5.
Wondering how you can get this ROM running on your device? Well, as you scroll down, you will come across a comprehensive guide that will teach you to transform your Galaxy Win Duos I8552 into a Galaxy S5 using TransWin custom ROM. Let’s go through the ROM info, features and then head towards the early preparations and installation guide.
1. This is only for Samsung Galaxy Win Duos I8552
This custom ROM is only for the device mentioned above. Make sure that your model number matches the one listed above. To do so, go to Settings > About Device on your device and see your model number. Flashing this ROM on any other device will result in bricking it so make sure that you meet this requirement first of all.
2. Battery should be charged at least over 60%
Make sure that your battery is charged enough to complete the flashing process. In case your battery is low and your device goes dead during the flashing process, you may end up soft bricking your device as it won’t complete the flashing process.
3. Flash a Custom Recovery
A custom recovery is required for flashing this ROM. You may flash Philz Advanced CWM recovery using this guide.
4. Backup everything!
Just to be on the safe side, you may consider backing up each and everything from your Android device. This is highly recommended so that in case anything goes wrong, you still have the access to all of your data and you can restore it immediately. You may backup everything as listed below.
- Backup SMS Messages
- Backup Call Logs
- Backup Contacts
- Backup Media – Copy your files manually to your PC or Laptop.
- Backup EFS
- Titanium Backup – If already rooted, use Titanium Backup to backup all of your apps, system data and other important content.
- Backup Nandroid – You can do this using CWM recovery.
The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. If your device has the Knox counter on the bootloader, it will be tripped and you won’t be able to reset it ever. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to install TransWin ROM and Transform your Galaxy Win into a Galaxy S5
- Before you flash this ROM, you need to make sure that you’ve read and applied all the guidelines explained above.
- Download the ROM [TranSWin_ROM_v3.zip] and place it on your phone’s sd card.
- Now boot into Philz Advanced CWM recovery, to do so, turn off your device and then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up+ Home Button + Power Key. Select Wipe >Advanced Wipe > Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- In the recovery mode, now select install zip > TranSWin_ROM_v3.zip file and flash it.
- The ROM will take a while to get flashed. As soon as the installation is done, factory reset the phone using the wipe option in Philz CWM recovery.
- Reboot now and setup your new ROM in order to enjoy the features of the Galaxy S5.
Here are some ROM screenshots by the developer:
That’s all. If you’re stuck with anything or got any queries regarding this post, feel free to use the comment box below and reach us. We will respond you immediately. Thank you all.