A complete guide to tell you how to Run Android Apps on Windows & Mac. Android has changed the era of smartphones allowing the users to do so many things being an open source platform and having tons of apps in it’s Google Play Store.
There is a number of people who can’t afford an android smartphone and thus can’t enjoy the apps / games available in the Google Play Store, and there are also those people who want to play/run the android apps / games on PC for a different kind of experience.
How To Run Android Apps On Windows PC or Mac:
So, today we are going to learn how we can run Android Apps on a Windows PC or Mac. This tutorial is specified for a Windows PC but it should be the same for a Mac as well.
First of all, you need to download and install an Android Emulator, the one we selected is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is an awesome software developed to run Android Apps/Games on a Windows PC and Mac.
- Download BlueStacks for Windows PC here: Download
- Download BlueStacks for Mac here: Download
- After downloading, run the setup and install it, as soon as the installation is done, follow the following steps explained with images to run android apps/games on your PC.
How To Run Android Apps On Windows PC or Mac
After installation you will get the home screen of BlueStacks, the one shown below having the options ”My Apps”, ”Top Charts” (Currently open in the screen) & “One Click Sync”
- My Apps: Shows you the apps you have installed on your Gmail account which is currently in use on BlueStacks.
- Top Charts: Shows the top applications
- Allows you to enable app store and synchronize the apps installed on your specific device in BlueStacks.
- You can Enable Appstore and continue to 1 – click setup as shown.
- Click Sync you will have to add your Gmail account from which you want to use the apps.
- As soon as you add a Gmail account it will ask you to synchronize apps from the device, you can select the device and the apps from that device will appear in ”My Apps” tab.
- You can also use google play store in the BlueStacks to install the apps directly on your pc after adding a Gmail account.
- You can also manage the accounts and other settings of BlueStacks by heading to the settings section, here is how to do it.
- After the account is added, you need to come back to the home screen and press ”App Search” button to start.
- You can type your desired app’s name to start searching after you have found you need to click ”Install”.
- After searching it will show you your desired app from 3 different apps stores. The leftmost is Google Play Store, press it to continue to the process.
- Just like you download the apps on your android phone, you need to do the same here. Press the ”Download” button to begin.
- Now your app download is in progress and it will start installing it after the download is done.
- The installed app will appear on your home screen. You can jump to your home screen by pressing the BlueStacks icon in the bottom center.
- Open the app you installed and it will show you how to play/use that app, as shown below.
- Here you go, tap the screen / click to start.
- Phewww… You are done, enjoy playing 🙂
Got any questions? feel free to leave us a comment regarding any queries you got. We would love your feedback about this guide.