A number of the Galaxy S5 variants was rooted by the developers even before the device made its way to most of the local markets, but the two variants At&t and Verizon have always remain the toughest to gain the root access on. Earlier flagship devices of Samsung were easily rooted as the bootloaders were easily unlocked, some within hours and some within few days, but the Galaxy S5 is months old now and bounty for rooting the device reached $18000.
Finally, there is something good that made its way to the XDA-Developers forum. Famous developer Geohot has come up with an awesome application that is capable of rooting a number of devices, Samsung and Non Samsung, and luckily, this application can root the Verizon and At&t Galaxy S5. What’s even more cool is, the application doesn’t void the knox warranty counter on the device’s bootloader, you don’t need to unlock anything. This little cool app is named as TowelRoot by Geohot. Let’s have a look on how you can root your Verizon and At&t Samsung Galaxy S5 using this application and keeping your Knox Warranty safe.
How To Root Verizon and At&t Galaxy S5 Without Voiding Knox Warranty:
- Download Towelroot apk.
- Connect your Verizon/At&t SGS 5 to your PC now.
- Copy the downloaded APK file to your device.
- Disconnect your device and locate the APK file on it.
- Tap the APK file to begin installation.
- Select “Package Installer” if prompted.
- Allow Unknown Sources from Settings > Security if required.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Now open the Towelroot application from the app drawer.
- Tap the button “make it ra1n” in the towelroot app.
- Now download SuperSu.zip file.
- Unzip the file, and grap Superuser.apk from the common folder in the unzipped folder.
- Now copy this apk to your Galaxy S5, and install it using steps 2 – 8.
- Once installed, update Superuser or SuperSu using Google Play Store.
- Phewwww! That’s all, you can now enjoy your rooted Verizon and At&t Galaxy S5.
How to install busybox now?
- Go to Google Play Store on your phone.
- Search for “Busybox Installter”.
- Once you find it, install it.
- Run the Busybox installer and proceed with the installation.
- That’s all!
How to check if the device is properly rooted or not?
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Verizon or At&t Galaxy S5.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
What to do once you’re rooted?
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and flashing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Here’s our collection of 10 Best Root Apps.
That’s all. Please consider a donation to the developer for his hardwork on this application. Just in case you got any queries or you face any difficulties regarding this post, feel free to reach us through the comment box below. We will try our best to help you out.