This is the easiest method to Root Lenovo K3 Note on Marshmallow 6.0, We have covered the topic of how to Root Lenovo K3 and Install CWM Recovery. Today for all those who are running Marshmallow 6.0 on Lenovo K3 Note and looking for the simple method to Root Lenovo K3 Note. This is where you have to be.
Heed the instructions below in order to Root Lenovo K3 Note on Marshmallow 6.0. Marshmallow update is available through OTA and also you can flash it manually. In this update, you’ll get all the main features of Marshmallow 6.0, also you’ll get gets the official support for TheaterMax technology.
Root Lenovo K3 Note on Marshmallow 6.0:
Please carefully follow all the instructions so you won’t have to face any stupid situation.
- This guide is only for Lenovo K3 Note. Do not try this on any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to avoid any power issues during the recovery installation and root process.
- Backup your important contacts, call logs, SMS messages and media content as a safety measure.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your K3 Note. To do so, go to settings > about device > tap build number for 7 times. You will have developer options in settings now. Open developer options and enable USB debugging mode.
- Use original data cable to establish the connection between your phone and your PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter.
Required downloads and installations:
- Download and install Lenovo USB drivers
- Download and unzip Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers.
- Download SuperSu.zip and copy it to the internal storage of your K3 Note.
How To Root Lenovo K3 Note:
Step#1: Open the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder that you got after extracting the Minimal ADB & Fastboot drivers zip file.
Step#2: From the Minimal ADB & Fastboot folder open “py_cmd.exe” file.
Step#3: Now connect your Lenovo K3 Note with your PC. Make sure that you’ve enabled USB debugging mode before doing this. Upon connecting having USB debugging mode enabled, it will ask you on your phone to allow connection with your PC. Allow the connection and proceed.
Step#4: In py_cmd.exe type “adb devices”. You will see the list of attached devices in command line, which will show some codes against your device as well. This means that your device is properly connected now.
Step#5: Now enter following commands in the py_cmd.exe one by one.
Step#6: adb reboot bootloader
Your device will now reboot into fastboot / bootloader mode.
Step#7: fastboot devices
It will verify your device’s connection in fastboot mode.
Step#8: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
It will flash CWM recovery in your K3 Note.
Step#9: fastboot reboot
It will reboot your device from fastboot mode.
Step#10: Now turn off your phone completely as we are going to boot in to recovery mode.
Step#11: After you’ve turned off your phone, turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Key. As it boots up, it will ask you for language selection, select English and proceed.
Step#12: Now you will have access to the newly installed CWM recovery. In CWM recovery navigate using Volume Up & Down keys and use power key to make selection.
Step#13: Select “Install Zip > Choose from sdcard1 > select the SuperSu.zip file that you downloaded and copied to your phone”. Let it flash the SuperSu.zip file, once done, reboot your phone.
Step#14: Find SuperSu application in the app drawer. You can verify root access using Root Checker application.
That’s all. If you have followed all the instructions as I have stated then you have successfully gain Root access on Lenovo K3 Note on Marshmallow 6.0.