HTC One XL, on the Web is stated as HTC One X (AT&T), I tried for almost Two days to find a rooting method and a Custom Recovery for it, but since I was Searching for HTC One XL, instead of AT&T HTC One X, I wasn’t able to find anything regarding CWM Recovery, but I did find Super SU for it. Tried ROM Manager and everything went great, found the HTC One XL is a.k.a AT&T HTC One X. Like me, I am pretty sure that there are others trying to find the same thing for their device. So, here I am sharing this Guide with you to Root Your HTC One XL and install CWM Recovery on it.
In this Article, we will show you How To Root and Install CWM Recovery on HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One X. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is HTC in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For HTC One XL.
How To Root and Install CWM Recovery on HTC One XL/AT&T HTC One X.
- First of all Unlock The Bootloader. HOW? Follow Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Smartphones.
- Make Sure that USB Debugging is enable, go to Settings > Developers Option and Tick the USB debugging.
- Make sure that Fastbboot/ADB is configured on PC. How? How to Install Android Adb & Fastboot Drivers on Your Windows PC [Guide].
- Download Super SU and CWM Recovery for HTC One XL.
- Now Copy the CWM Recovery image to fastboot Folder and Rename it to Recovery.
- Turn off your phone and open Bootloader/Fastboot mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power button until the Soft Keys blinks for 6 times then Loose the Power Button but keep pressing Volume Down button.
- Now Connect your device with PC.
- Now Open Command prompt in Fastboot Folder, How? Hold Shift Key and Right Click anywhere in the Fastboot folder.
- Type the following Command: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After the Process is done, on Phone Select Reboot Bootloader.
- Now select Recovery from Bootloader.
- Once the Recovery is Open, select the following.
- Now select ‘Install zip from sd card’, then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Super SU.zip file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After that, +++++Go back. and Reboot System now.
After a Successful Reboot, Open App drawer and Check for Super SU App to Verify Root Access.