Razor just released the official factory images for its phone. The Razor Phone’s factory images were not out until a couple of days ago. Because there was no way to restore this phone to its factory state, a number users did not try to customise or tweak their phone. Factory images are essential to restoring your phone to its original factory condition. The Razor Phone official images can be installed using Android ADB and Fastboot interface. In this guide, we will learn how to install stock ROM / factory image on Razor Phone. Before we have a look at the factory image installation guide for the Razor Phone, we will have a recap of this incredible smartphone.
The Razor Phone is meant for gamers. This phone is a powerhouse because of the top-notch specifications it comes with. The Razor Phone has a 5.7-inch IGZO IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. This is absolutely not the ordinary QHD display. The Razor Phone’s display comes with 120HZ support. This means that the phone can handle up to 120 Frames Per Second. This outstanding feature of the Razor Phone’s display simply puts other displays to shame. Razor also released a list of games that support this 120HZ display. Razor Phone is the very first in the world to have a lot of unique features. The phone comes with dual Dolby Atmos speakers that can be seen on the front at the top and at the bottom. Here are the Razor Phone specs in a nutshell:
- Display: 5.7-inch IGZO IPS LCD – 1440 x 2560 pixels
- CPU: Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB + microSD support
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP
- Front Camera: 12MP
- Sound: Dolby Atmos Dual Front Facing Speakers
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
It’s time for us to get back to what we were here for. Since we are going to learn how to flash a stock ROM or a factory image on the Razor Phone, it’s also important to learn a few reasons that might push you towards the ROM installation. Here are all the possible scenarios in which you will have to install a factory image on a Razor Phone.
- Your phone is rooted, you want to unroot it to go back to its stock state.
- Your phone has a custom recovery and you want to replace it with a stock recovery.
- The Razor Phone has a custom ROM installed on it, you want to uninstall the custom ROM and replace it with a Stock ROM.
- All of a sudden, your phone’s performance has become sluggish, the battery time is not good, you want to refresh everything with the help of a new ROM.
- The phone was soft-bricked while trying to customise, you need a new firmware to get it going.
- You want to manually update your phone through a factory image.
- And many more…
So, let’s have a look at the tutorial now.
- This process will wipe your phone completely. Don’t forget to backup all your data beforehand.
- Charge your phone up to 50% to help it last during the flashing process.
- Use OEM Data Cable to connect your phone to your computer.
- This process will restore your phone to its factory settings. It will not bring in new features.
Unlock the bootloader
- First of all, you need to download and install the Minimal Android ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap the Build Number for 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Now get back to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Now open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe file from your computer’s desktop. If you did not create a desktop shortcut while installing it, you can go to your Windows drive, which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open the cmd-here.exe file instead.
- You will have a command window on the screen now.
- Now using the original data cable, connect your Razor Phone to your computer.
- Your phone will ask for a permission, immediately allow it.
- Now in the command window, enter this command: adb devices
- This command will verify connection by showing a code and list of devices attached.
- Enter this command now: adb reboot bootloader
- This command will reboot your phone in the bootloader mode and will show the “Download Mode” on screen.
- Now enter the following command: fastboot flashing unlock
- This command will unlock the bootloader of your phone and restart it. Let your phone boot up once and then go ahead with the next step.
- Once again, repeat the whole process from step 3 to step 9.
- Now enter the following command: fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- This command will be unlocking flashing critical partition of your phone. That’s it. We have unlocked the bootloader of the Razor Phone.
Install the factory image on Razor Phone
- Now download the Factory Image for your Razor Phone.
- After download, the factory image, follow step 1 to step 9 in the method given above.
- Your phone at the moment should be connected to your phone and it should have Download Mode on the screen.
- Now unzip the factory image that you just downloaded.
- From the unzipped contents, launch the following file: flash_all script
- This will take a moment to install the factory image on your phone. Once done, you can disconnect the phone and set it up.