CyanogenMod has been a great source for near stock experience, if you ever wanted to try out Android. Recently, it has been pushing its CyanogenMod 13 updates to numerous devices, but some devices including the Android One Sprout4 series has been showing no sign of receiving the official update. Today, we have gathered the download link for CyanogenMod 13 On Android One Sprout4 Devices, and here is the procedure to do the same.
How To Install CyanogenMod 13 On Android One Sprout4 Devices:
1. Make sure your battery is above 60%, just in case something wrong happens while flashing.
2. Ensure that your device has a custom recovery like TWRP installed, as we need it to flash the ROM and GApps files.
4. Moreover, to attain the Google Play Services, alongside some Google apps, you need the latest GApps file, which you can get by clicking here.
5. Lastly, you need some brains throughout the process.
Install CyanogenMod 13 On Android One Sprout4 Devices:
1. Download the CM 13 flashable zip file from above and transfer it to the root of your device’s storage.
2. Boot your device into recovery mode. To do this:
o Switch off your device.
o Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see the Recovery UI on your device.
o Once you see the Recovery UI, you can let go of the two buttons.
3. Once you boot into the recovery, you will have a look at many options. First, we have to clean wipe your current system partition to make way for your new ROM.
4. Tap on the option which reads ‘Wipe‘, and then tap on ‘Advanced Wipe‘. From in there, select the following options. Do not select the option which reads ‘Internal Storage‘ at any cost, as it will wipe off EVERYTHING, including your ROM file. Note: If you’re just updating an existing ROM, you can just wipe the cache and dalvik cache. So, you can have your data after the update.
5. Once the wipe has been successfully done, head back to the menu, and this time tap on the option which says ‘Install‘. Why you’re choosing this is pretty self-explanatory.
6. Browse and select the downloaded zip file in your phone. Swipe on the “Swipe to confirm flash” button to start flashing the zip file.
7. Similarly, flash the GApps file package, and you’re good to go!
See, was that so hard? Now you can enjoy the latest and greatest CyanogenMod 13 On Android One