Well i don’t think that Samsung will give the update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat for Samsung Galaxy S3 and by any chance even if it will be released for Galaxy S3, there are even less chances of releasing it for Carriers Galaxy S3, so if you are interested in Android 4.4 Kit-Kat the best option you have right now is the Custom ROMs, CM11 has been released for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 and you can install it on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 by following our tutorial.
In this Article,we will show you How To Install CM11 Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Beta On AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747. But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747.
How To Install Android 4.4 Kit-Kat CM11 Beta on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747.
- Download Android 4.4 CM11 KitKat ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S3 to your computer.
- Connect Galaxy S3 PC. Make sure to use original USB cable. Download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Copy and Paste the downloaded files to the root of your sd card.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn off your tablet.
- Now go to Recovery mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Up + Home Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- From Recovery, First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ then select ‘choose zip from sd card’.
- Select the Android 4.4 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: Repeat Step 10 and 11, but select Gapps instead of Android 4.4, to install Google Apps.
Voila! your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-1747 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat CM11 Beta Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.