Galaxy Grand’s sibling, Galaxy Grand Prime came out few months back. This mid ranger by Samsung brought it a lot respect from the users. Galaxy Grand Prime packs up some very nice specifications in a beautiful body, and the device costs $199 at max. On the front we have a 5 inches display with 220 ppi. Under the hood we have a 1.2 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Quad Core CPU clocked at 1.2 Ghz which is accompanied by an Adreno 306 GPU for the gaming experience on this phone. Samsung’s selling point for this phone is the secondary camera, which is actually very nice for taking selfies. On the front you can find a 5 MP shooter while on the back Samsung has used an 8 MP shooter. Galaxy Grand Prime is one of the perfect choices among the mid rangers if you want to go for one at the moment.
But what to do after you’ve got your hands on a Galaxy Grand Prime? Well, if you just want to unleash the real power of your new Grand Prime, you should gain the root access on it and apply performance tweaks to get the maximum out of your device. Once you’ve rooted your device, you will be able to apply battery tweaks as well for better battery backup and a lot more. If you’ve decided to become an Android power user using your Galaxy Grand Prime, you may have spotted the right place already. In the on-going post, we are going to show how you can root your Galaxy Grand Prime using CF-Autoroot by means of Samsung’s flashtool Odin3. This guide will help you to root almost all variants of your Galaxy Grand Prime. If you’re still wondering about the root access, let’s have a look on brief overview of root access and then proceed towards the method to root your Galaxy Grand Prime.
Rooting your phone gives you complete access over all the data which is apparently locked by the manufacturers. This includes removal of the factory restrictions and making changes to the internal system and the operating system. Gaining the root access gives you the privileges to install various applications to enhance the performance of your device, allows you to remove the built-in applications/programs, helps you to upgrade the battery life of your device & install the apps which require the root access for the proper functionality and modify your device in so many other ways e.g using mods and custom ROMs.
- Use this guide only for the following variants of the Galaxy Grand Prime:
- SM -G530F
- Use this guide for any other smartphone may result in bricking it, so check your device’s model number before proceeding.
- Your phone’s battery should be charged at least over 50%. This is recommended to ensure that no power mishap happens during the flashing process.
- Use original data cable to establish connection between your phone and your PC.
- Enable USB debugging mode. To do so, go to settings on your phone. In settings > tap build number for 7 times. Now you will have developer mode in settings. Open developer mode and Enable USB debugging mode.
- Turn off your firewall or Antivirus if you’ve enabled any on your PC.
- Follow this guide to the point in order to make this process successful.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom recoveries, roms and rooting your phone are highly custom and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturer that is SAMSUNG in our case. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your risk.
Installations & Downloads:
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download & extract Odin3 on your PC.
- Download CF Autoroot according to your device:
- CF Autoroot For SM -G530F
- CF Autoroot For SM-G530H
- CF Autoroot For SM-G530Y
- CF Autoroot For SM-G530M
- CF Autoroot For SM-G530BT
- CF Autoroot For SM-G5306W
- CF Autoroot For SM-G5308W
- CF Autoroot For SM-G5309W
Extract the downloaded .zip file once only to get the .tar.md5 or .tar file. Do not extract the file twice.
How To Root Galaxy Grand Prime Now
- Open Odin3.exe.
- Put your Galaxy Grand Prime in download mode. To do so, turn it off and wait for 10 seconds. Turn it on by pressing and
holding Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously, You should see a warning, press Volume Up to continue. In case this method doesn’t work for you, try one from this guide.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- As soon as Odin detects your phone, the ID:COM box should turn blue. Make sure that you’ve installed Samsung USB drivers before connecting.
- For Odin 3.09 hit the AP tab. Select the CF-Auto-Root.tar.md5, that you downloaded and extracted above.
- If you’re using Odin 3.07, you will select “PDA” tab instead of the AP tab, rest of the options remain untouched.
- Make sure that the options selected in your Odin are exactly as shown in the pic.
- Hit start and wait till the rooting process is complete, as soon as your device restarts, remove it from PC.
- Find SuperSu in app drawer now.
- That’s all with the rooting, let’s verify the root access now.
How To Verify Root Access:
- To do so, go to Google Play Store on your Galaxy Grand Prime.
- Find “Root Checker” and install it.
- Open Root Checker.
- Tap “Verify Root”.
- It will ask you for SuperSu rights, tap “Grant”.
- It should show you Root Access Verified Now!
- That’s All!
If you’re stuck with anything regarding this guide, feel free to utilize the comment box below and reach us. We will get back to you immediately. Thank you all.
Credits: Chainfire XDA