Asus unveiled it’s brand new smartphone Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 in April this year. It came with major hardware specs alongside a near-stock version of Android 8.0 Oreo, with a bunch of preinstalled apps. Software running on stock Android UI based ROM and there’s no bloatware save for a third-party payment app and Asus promises version updates less than two months after Google pushes it out till Android Q. Surprisingly meeting your curious thoughts, a senior XDA member developer jhenrique09 has released a custom ROM for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 based on Android 9.0 Pie OS that has Google Pixel features like Google Assistant, Pixel launcher, Blue theme, and others built-in. Get Pixel Experience ROM on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
Massive 5000 mAh battery, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor, 5.99-inch display, dual camera setup are the some of the highlighting features of this device. PixelMaster camera app replaced with Snapdragon camera for better performance. The speaker put on an admirable performance despite being a single bottom-firing unit. Storage comes in 3 different options 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM model and 32 GB, 3 GB RAM model, which can be further extended up to 512GB.
Pixel Experience ROM
Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel features (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). It offers the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of the device. Pixel Experience ROM brings a wide range of features from Android P to phones running Oreo. Keeping minor bugs and glitches as this is a third party ROM, it has great battery life, awesome RAM management and the overall user experience is very fluid.
Pixel Experience ROM is a latest Custom ROM built for devices which comes with the company’s own skin version of Android Oreo. It allows users to experience the Pixel features on their smartphones. Thinking for a stable, clean interface ROM? Pixel Experience ROM meets your needs. All the way long firstly it is based on AOSP.
Getting Pixel features alongside having Android 9.0 update make your phone a bit uplevel. Also, the ROM features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. It is mostly stable with most of the important things known to be working and it also comes with the latest Google Apps pre-installed. Take a view over the working features and minor bugs of the ROM and later how to Android 9.0 based Pixel Experience ROM on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.
- New Gesture Navigation
- Adaptive Battery and Brightness
- App Actions
- Improved Security Features
- Digital Wellbeing
- Easier Screen Rotation
- Volume and Sound Improvements
- Dark Mode and Text Selection
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
- Security patch
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint reader
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 Pie to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 Pie file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience ROM setup screen.