Follow the steps given in this guide to fix Galaxy Note 8 Update Failed Error. The Galaxy Note 8 Update Failed Error does not let you update the phone through OTA. Here is the solution.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be the very first Galaxy phone to get Android 8.0 Oreo update. In the meanwhile, Samsung will keep updating the phone with minor software updates. These minor software updates are there basically for the bug fixing and safety of an Android phone. Every month, smartphone manufacturers roll out new security updates. It’s very important to update your phone with the new updates since these ensure your safety and security. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users get the updates as well. While installing the updates sometimes, they encounter the error Software Update Failed. This error comes up when the update has been downloaded and it’s about to get installed. This can actually get annoying when the update includes some major changes and you are eager to get it running on your phone.
Fixing the Software Update Failed issue is not something impossible. There are several methods to solve this creepy issue. You can opt for the easiest method first of all and if it doesn’t work for you, you can go ahead and try using different methods. The methods listed below are numbered according to the difficulty of their use. You should go with the one that seems the best to you. Let’s move on towards the guide to fix the Update Failed error on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Fix Galaxy Note 8 Update Failed Error
How To Fix Software Update Failed Error on Galaxy Note 8 using Wipe Cache Partition
- Turn off your phone completely.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Bixby + Power button to turn it on.
- As soon as something shows up on screen, let the keys go.
- Your phone will now take you to the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, use the Volume Down Key to navigate to the Wipe cache partition option.
- Press the power key to select this option and then select Yes in the next screen.
- Once wiped cache, reboot your phone.
- Try updating your phone through OTA now and this error won’t come up anymore.
Fix Software Update Failed using Samsung Smart Switch
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Unlock your phone and allow it for what it’s asking.
- Now in the Samsung Smart Switch, click on the Backup button and create a backup of your phone.
- After making the backup, click on More > Emergency Sofware Recovery and Initialization.
- Now follow on-screen instructions to update your phone using Samsung Smart Switch.
Fix Software Update Failed using Odin
If the solutions listed above fail to work for you, then you can flash a brand new software on your Galaxy Note 8 manually. Here’s the guide to do so: How To Flash Stock Firmware On Samsung Galaxy With Odin