Here’s how you can Enable FaceTime On iPhones In Saudi Arabia. Yes, you can now, we all are well aware of Saudi GOV policies when it comes to video and voice calling apps. In 2013, Saudi GOV implemented the original ban and in 2017 September they have lifted the ban. Now you can use all the video and voice calling apps in Saudi Arabia.
However, iPhone users are not in luck although FaceTime is among those voice and video calling apps which were banned. But as the ban is lifted so now you can use FaceTime but it’s not that easy as it sounds. The problem is that the iPhones sold in Saudi Arabia had the feature completely blocked. That’s why after the ban was lifted still iPhone were not immediately able to make or receive FaceTime calls.
Now enough of that, Let’s tell you how you can Enable FaceTime On iPhones In Saudi Arabia. Don’t worry there is no Jailbreak Required or any sort of trick.
Read more: Top 4 alternatives to FaceTime on Android
How To Enable FaceTime On iPhones In Saudi Arabia:
Heed the instructions below in order to Enable FaceTime on iPhones in Saudi Arabia. You need to factory reset your device in order to install the fresh OS. The only way to enable FaceTime in Saudia Arabia is the latest iOS 11.3. Apple has introduced its latest OS and it includes FaceTime as an app.
All you have to do is clean install iOS 11.3 and you’ll get the FaceTime app, you can also install the latest iOS 11.3 update using OTA. (Settings > General > Software Update). Moreover, if you are not among the lucky ones then you can download the iOS 11.3 Final IPSW for your respective device and install it using iTunes.
See more: FaceTime for PC
Direct Download iOS 11.3 Final IPSW:
- Apple iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone X
Once you have downlaoded the iOS 11.3 file for your device. Heed the instructions below in order to Install it.
Through OTA Update
- Make sure that your Apple device is charged good enough. Turn on WiFi on your Apple device now.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Updates.
- Your device will automatically check for iOS update if the update is found tap on “Download” to download the iOS 11.3 update.
- Once the update is downloaded, your device will leave a notification, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update > Install it.
- It will install iOS 11.3 on your device in a few minutes.
Updating your device using iTunes is pretty much easy and useful as well. You might be facing internet connectivity issues with your WiFi, and you may want to use your PC connected through a LAN cable that can perform the download way faster than your Apple device. You can simply plug in the USB cable in your device and begin the update process. Here’s how to do that.
- Download and install latest iTunes from here.
- Plug in your Apple device.
- Now open iTunes and wait for it to detect your device.
- As soon as your device is detected, follow the instruction below.
(OPTION + Click on the “Update”) for Mac. ( SHIFT + Click on the ‘Update’ ) Windows.
- Locate the iOS 11.3 IPSW File you have download and click on it.
- Click on Update when the pop-up shows up.
- Let the iTunes do the rest now.
That’s all. When your iPhone or iPad is updated to iOS 11.3. You’ll able to use Facetime on iPhone in Saudi Arabia. Please do tell us your experiences in the comments section below.