Own an LG device running KitKat or Lollipop? You may want to unleash its real power by means of root access and bringing in some custom stuff on it. Android’s open nature has been explored by developers ever since it came up, and by modifying your device’s firmware you can get the best out of it. Making customisations and tweaks to your Android device requires root access, which you can gain by applying different methods and tricks. You can root your LG device powered by Android now easily with a one click root tool.
There were methods to root LG devices like LG G3, G2 running Android KitKat or Lollipop in past, but the methods were pretty complex and hard for newbies to follow, so a much easy method was required. In the early days of Android Lollipop, it wasn’t possible to gain root access on this firmware because of some core changes made by Google, so the development also comes over this hurdle and roots a number of LG smartphones running Android Lollipop.
The One-Click Root Tool developed by XDA senior member avicohh is based on a method discovered by XDA recognised developer Unjustified Dev. This tool can easily root your LG G3, LG G2, LG G Pro 2, LG G Pad and a variety of other LG smartphones running KK/LP firmware. The tool doesn’t only root a specific variant of the device, but roots almost all variants of the supported smartphones. If you’ve been looking for such an easy method to root your KitKat or Lollipop powered LG smartphone, you may have spotted the right place. We are going to have a look on how to use this tool and root your LG phone in One-Click.
Here is a list of supported devices:
- Easily Root LG G3 (All Variants) With One Click Root Tool
- LG G3 Beat (All Variants)
- LG G2 (All Variants)
- LG G2 Mini (All Variants)
- LG G Pro 2 (All Variants)
- LG G Pad (All Variants)
- LG F60 (All Variants)
- LG L90 (All Variants)
- LG Tribute (All Variants)
- LG Spirit (All Variants)
- LG Volt (All Variants)
- LG G Vista (All Variants)
- LG MS395/D393
According to the developer, if your device is not listed above, even then the tool might work fine for you. So give it a try and see if it works or not.
- Do not try this on any other device. Trying the method on an incompatible device may result in bricking it.
- Your phone’s battery must be charged at least over 50% to avoid any power issue during the flashing process.
- Just to be a safe side, backup all your important contacts, sms messages, call logs and copy your media content to your PC as well.
- For a while disable Firewall or any Antivirus if you have enabled.
- Use your device’s original data cable to establish connection between your phone and your PC.
- Before connecting your device, enable USB debugging mode on it. To do so, on your LG smartphone go to settings > about device > tap the build number for 7 times to get the developer options in settings. Now go back to settings > developer options > Enable USB debugging.
- Download and install LG USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that you’ve read all instructions carefully and applied the precautions. Let’s go ahead now.
How To Easily Root LG Phones On KitKat/Lollipop With One Click Tool
- Download LG_One_Cick_Root_by_avicohh.exe file for your LG smartphone.
- Connect your LG phone running Android KitKat/Lollipop to your PC.
- Run the LG One Click Root Installer.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to root your phone.
- If your device isn’t being recognised by your PC, try switching between MTP and PTP mode for the connection.
- If you’re facing “MSVCR100.dll is missing” error, you need to install Visual C++ Redistributable. Get it here: 32 Bit | 64 Bit
- If you want to unroot your device, simply use SuperSu settings to unroot it.
- That’s all.
Let us know if the tool worked fine for you or not. If you manage to root a device which is not listed above, don’t forget to mention it in the comment box below.