F-Droid is kind of an application store that houses all the open-source applications for Android. F-Droid has been around for quite a few years. Since it hosts very different kind of applications, it isn’t very popular among average Android users. If you have ever had an experience of tweaking your phone, you must have heard of F-Droid before. Some of the applications on F-Droid are very handy.
F-Droid falls into the custom category for Android. Most of the F-Droid applications require a rooted Android smartphone to run on. Because developers are free to tweak applications on F-Droid, it isn’t available for download on the Google Play Store. If you like an application that is available on F-Droid, and now you want to install F-Droid, you will have to go after its APK. Recently, F-Droid reached its version 1.0.0. The APK is available for download. You can download the F-Droid APK for Android from here and then follow the instructions given below to install it.
Download F-Droid APK for Android
- Download F-Droid APK: Official Site | Mirror.
- If you have downloaded F-Droid APK on your computer, copy it to your phone.
- On the phone, go to settings > security > unknown sources > allow them.
- Now on your phone, locate the F-Droid APK and install it.
- Once installed, access F-Droid from the application drawer. That’s all.