OnePlus launched OnePlus 5T towards the end of 2017 in mid-November to be precise. Many expected OnePlus to launch the 5T with Android Oreo, but it ended up with Android 7.1.1 Nougat on board. Still, as you’d expect from a company with only a handful of devices on the market, OnePlus has done a pretty impressive job with software updates. The Coolapk user Tutoo has released an Android 9.0 Pie based custom ROM which adds Google Pixel features like Google Assistant, Pixel launcher, Blue theme, and others built-in things to your device. Here is a quick guide on how to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus 5T, the smartphone comes with a 6.01-inch Samsung OLED display which has a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The device powered by Snapdragon 835 coupled with 8GB RAM for 128GB model & 6GB RAM for the 64GB model. Coming to the design part it is sleeker, curvier and more comfortable to hold. It packed up with dual camera setup with a dual f/1.7 camera fitted onto it which has a resolution of 20MP+16MP & the selfie camera has a resolution of 16MP. The device has Adrena 540 graphics unit which is ideal for uninterrupted gaming time.
Pixel Experience ROM
Want to Pixelize your device? Have a look at the things which will be added to your device upon flashing Pixel Experience ROM. Pixel Experience ROM based on AOSP. Google’s Pixel phones come with a few features that are exclusive to the device and are not available for the rest of Android devices including the Android Open source Project using which various AOSP based Android 7.0 ROMs are made of. The ROM is named Pixel Experience, considering the Pixel phone aesthetics that it offers.
The ROM looks stabilized well with a plethora of OS customizations. Alongside Pixel features, Pixel UI ROM also features Gapps built-in so you don’t have to find & flash a compatible Gapps package separately via recovery. There are many features which come exclusively on pixel smartphone. Pixel Experience ROM is a latest Custom ROM built for devices which comes with the company’s own skin version of Android Pie. The ROM brings full customizations, custom icon pack which Pixel generally use, good battery life and smooth experience. Follow the guide to install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5T.
Pixel Experience ROM Features
- Security patch
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- The Pixel Boot Animation
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel’s Live Wallpapers
- Pixel blue accent
- Google Assistant
- Root is included (you have to enable it from the developer options)
- Round icon for Settings
- A picture in a Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Notification Channels merge to a single channel
- AutoFill and many more
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Camera (but same as other Pie ROM, a little laggy in the third app)
- Sound / vibration
Device Specific additions
- OnePlus Doze
- Offscreen gestures
- OnePlus Slider
- ArnovaGcam with modules
- Fingerprint gesture
- Your device needs to have at least 60% charge to ensure it doesn’t run out of battery during the installation process.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. To do this, go to the device Settings » Developer options » toggle the “USB Debugging” switch.
- Install ADB & Fastboot tools on your PC. You can follow our simple guide which lets you install ADB & Fastboot tools in 15 seconds.
- Make sure you have the latest TWRP on OnePlus 5T. You can download the latest TWRP from here and follow the TWRP installation tutorial.
How to Install Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5T
- Download and transfer the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 to your device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup of your device in TWRP recovery. To do this, navigate to Backup option, select the partitions available and swipe right to make a backup.
- Format your device, once the backup is completed.
- In TWRP recovery, click on Wipe » Advanced Wipe. Select data, system, cache and, Dalvik-cache on this page and wipe them.
- Go back to TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the Pixel Experience ROM 9.0 file in your internal storage. Swipe to confirm OS flash.
- No need to flash any Gaaps Zip file as they were preloaded in Pixel Experience ROM.
- Reboot your device.
It will take some time on the first boot, nearly 5-10 minutes. Once the device boots up, you’ll see the Pixel Experience ROM on OnePlus 5T with pixel setup screen.