In the past, we have seen many LG G2 models being updated to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat, recently Sprint LG G2 was updated to Android 4.4.2, today we have captured Version LG G2 Stock update of Android Kit-Kat, but in the world of Android, users always wanted their device rooted, despite after which they never try to install anything that requires root access, but still all of them wanted a rooted device, just for fun may be. At XDA, developers there has to make sure that they give the Android users the best experience of their life and also easiest tutorials to help them install different tweaks without any problem at all. Since it is an early release, proper rooting method is still in progress, but MicroMod777 of XDA has something entirely new to offer, he has developed a pre-rooted ROM of Verizon LG G2, which can be installed using any recovery. Don’t worry it is the Stock Android 4.4.2 ROM of Verizon LG G2, it’s just pre-rooted.
Like we saw in other carrier updates, this normal update can be download as a 2GB file from Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant on any windows PC, but if you don’t want to download via any assistant or you just don’t want to return to a non-rooted device, I suggest you to install the pre-rooted one.Rooting allows you to get full control over your device, Stock apps and mods are good, but installing Custom Mods gives you better support and great battery life, you might need to delete some Stock apps from the device, a non-rooted device can’t do that, but a rooted one has the power to remove stock apps too.
But if you don’t want to then You can Visit our Custom ROM section Or You can update your Verizon LG G2 to Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware by following our Tutorial.This is an official release from LG, but then transformed into a pre-rooted ROM, you need to install a Custom Recovery on your device to install it and also your device must be rooted.Haven’t rooted yet. Follow:
In this Article, we will show you How To Install Pre-Rooted Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat On LG G2.But before we begin, Make sure:
- That you have a Well Charged Battery, 60%-80% is better.
- Back-Up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
- Back-Up your Mobiles EFS Data.
- Check your device model, Go To Setting > About and Make sure that it is Verizon LG G2
- Do-not try it on On Any other device.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode
- Download USB Driver For LG Devices: Link
The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is LG in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility
Here you will find the Step-by-Step Guide On How To Pre-Rooted Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware On LG G2. But let me remind you again, ClockworkMod Recovery(Older Version) is not recommended when it comes to installing this ROM, Only latest versions of TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery for the Device is supported without bugs. So, if you are using an Old CWM Recovery or TWRP on your device Upgrade it to the Latest version, if you want to go with older version, you are on your own. We are warning you that if you used and Older Recovery and Brick your device, We will not be responsible for anything
MD5 Check (Important)
Since the developer himself state to check the MD5, so it is our job to make sure that you people should check it or your device might get brick due to KK Baseband being flashed.
MD5:08da9192677f50485725c08fc13ad537 (for Stock Firmware with bloats)
MD5: 1d962bec79d1bf7668a1cd7b7f5eeb95 (for Debloated ROM)
Follow: How To Check MD5
- Downlaod Pre-Rooted Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Stock Firmware: Link | Mirror
- Download KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip: Link [Must be on 11a, 12b to Flash, otherwise on 24a, don’t flash it]
How To Install It.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Copy and Paste the Above zip files to the root of your sdcard.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your Device
- Now Press and Hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on-screen.
- Press Power Button again and Custom Reovery will be shown on the Screen.
- If the Custom Recovery is not installed, then it will wipe your data if mentioned on the screen.
CWM/PhilZ Touch Recovery Users.
- First Back-up the Current ROM.
- Navigate to Back-up and Restore and Follow the On-Screen Instructions.
- Once the Back-up is done, proceed Below
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then Finally Choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4.2 Kit-Kat.zip (of your choice) file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- After the Installation, go back and Flash KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a.zip.
- Once the Installation is Over, Select +++++Go Back+++++.
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
Back-Up your Current ROM(Optional But Recomended)
- First Tap Back-up and Select System and Data.
- Swipe the Slider To Start the Back-up.
- Once the Process is over, Proceed Below
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select Cache, System, Data.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4.2Kit-Kat (of your choice) and KK Baseband look for zip vs980_1xx_to_24a .zip , Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Once the Installation is Over, you will promoted to Reboot System Now
- Select Reboot Now to Reboot the System.
That is it, After a Successful reboot, your LG G2 will be running Android 4.4.2 KitKat . Wait for At-least 5-minutes for the First run, then go to Settings > About to Verify.