It i obvious, a device like Samsung Galaxy S2 will not received the update of Android 4.4 Kit-Kat, well not an official update. But in case of Custom ROMs, Galaxy S2 will not die that easily. Developers are doing everything they can to develop ROMs based on Android 4.4 and this time T-Mobile Galaxy S2 got the turn for Android 4.4 Kit-Kat all thanks to Hercules ROM. This is very basic ROM in term of look but full of rich features in term of Audio Quality. This ROM is packed with Beats Audio Driver for Optimum Audio quality. If you are interested in Android 4.4 Kit-Kat an can’t able to find any Stable one, this is the Best ROM for your T-Mobile Galaxy S2.
In this Article,we will show you How To Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Hercules Custom Firmware.But before we begin, Make sure that you have battery charged over 60 % and have backed up all your important Contacts, Call Logs & Messages.It is highly recommended in case of any mishap or data loss to back up all your important data.
Disclaimer: The methods involved in flashing custom roms and rooting your phone is highly custom and may result in bricking your device,and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers which is Samsung in our case. In case of any mishap we may not be held responsible. Follow these instructions to the letter to avoid any mishap or bricking. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Your Device must be Rooted and Latest TWRP or CWM Recovery must be installed on it.
- Make Sure that USB Cable is not Connected With PC While The Installation in Process.
- Enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that battery level is at 85% or more.
- This Tutorial is Only For T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989.
How To Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Hercules Custom Firmware
- Download Hercules Android 4.4 ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S2 to your computer.
- Disconnect the cable.
- Turn Off your tablet.
CWM Recovery Users.
- Turn off your phone and open Recovery mode. How? Press and hold Volume Down + Power buttons until you see some text on screen.
- First Choose ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Then Navigate to ‘advance’ and choose ‘Devlik Wipe Cache’ so you won’t get in any bootloop.
- Then finally select ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- Navigate to ‘Install zip from sd card’ another windows will open in front of you.
- Select ‘choose zip from sd card’ from the Options.
- Select the Android 4.4 file and confirm the installation on next screen.
- Wait for the process to over, now Choose Google Apps instead of Android 4.4, to install Google Apps.
- Navigate to ‘++++++++Go Back‘ to return to previous screen.
- Then select “reboot system now’ to reboot your device.
- Tap on Wipe Button and Select System, Data and Cache.
- Swipe the Confirmation Slider.
- Go back to Main Menu and Tap Install Button.
- Locate the Android 4.4 and Google Apps, Swipe the Slider To install it.
- Finally Tap Reboot and then System.
Voila! your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 has been updated to Android 4.4 Kit-Kat Hercules Custom Firmware , Wait for at least 5-minutes for the first run.